+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Feature Drop-Down Boxes on Insertion of New Ads

Lightbulb Petition for Feature Drop-Down Boxes on Insertion of New Ads

Good afternoon,

Since there is a major interest in having the Ad Insertion changed from tree mode to drop-down boxes, i'd like every user to post their interest in this post, as a way of showing Flynax how important this feature is for all of us.
    Currently when one of our users want's to insert a new classifieds ad, they'll have to use a tree to select the sub-category where they want to place their post. This translates "old" methods, which doesn't tag along with all the great features of Flynax Classifieds Software.
    Personally, i think the drop-down boxes form translates a faster and cleaner website.
    If we compare the user experience, for sure it's quicker to use two or three drop-down boxes than going to roll down the page to search for the or category and sub where they want to insert.
    My opinion is that It's a well deserved enhancement for Flynax.
    I give the Flynax team the hand, there have been a lot of features update and upgrade lately, so please, just consider this one as well.

Ps: can't we make a poll on this, i'm sure you'd be surprised on how many people would actually want this.

Best Regards,

Marco

While the tree method is not perfect, I don't think that drop-down form is much better. It is also very cumbersome if there is a large number of categories to manage. What I feel would be the best method is a drill-down navigation, as shown for example here:
    http://www.designchemical.com/lab/jq...ugin/examples/

This should be easy to implement as a replacement for the tree menu.

Well, i don't disagree, anyways, one way or the other, i think any change that eliminates the tree, and implement's drop down or drill-down is welcome.
    Although i do have to agree with you regarding the drill-down, not a bad choice since it'd leave room for categories to grow without limitations.
    Anyways, count you in for the support of the petition?

To be honest, both (or all three of them) work fine for me because I have a limited number of categories. I do think that drill-down navigation has better functionality and aesthetics, compared to the other two, but yes, I do think that improvements are welcome in this regard.

Seems like we all have our own opinions. In my understanding, the quickest and ideal way is to have the ad submission done in a single page. When user lands on ad posting page, he should be shown a category Drop Down, from where when he selects the category and then the ad submission form is displayed. That way we can maximize the ad posting, its speedy and very less intriguing.

Step 1

Only Category Drop Down

Step 2

Rest of Ad submission form shows up after selecting category

true. each has his own vision on this depending on his site. in my case, i prefer the one from www.okazii.ro wich is better than the dropdown or tree or drill-down (since i have a large number of categories/subcategories). looks like i will have to pay for that customisation...

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    true. each has his own vision on this depending on his site. in my case, i prefer the one from www.okazii.ro wich is better than the dropdown or tree or drill-down (since i have a large number of categories/subcategories). looks like i will have to pay for that customisation...
    Nicolae, in regards to the "menu" itself, giving that the area of interest here is for the insertion part, i'll have to disagree with you.
    By far, the simplest way for the selection would be the drill-down, since the user, can go up or down a level in a simple way.
    The objective of this petition is to ask Flynax to develop the ad insertion form feature making it quicker and shorter.
    It's all about end user experience.

the system i was talking about is more advanced than anything i have sean. first, you see a box in wich you will fill in the name of your ad and the system show a selection of 5 diferent categories(sugestions) to chose from (and usualy the good one will be shown) or you can manualy chose your category. if you chose manualy, you will see it like in the atached image
    the first box from left is shown first, the moment you select one category (listing type in our case), the 2nd level categories will show and so on.
    olso, after you list an ad, you can select by one click to add another ad in the category you used before.
    at any time you will have available the 3 options -sugestions/category/recent to chose from and olso, in manual category, you can go from the 3rd level category to another main category or 2nd level category. a feature wich drill category doesn't have. you can go back or forword in a straight line in drill category
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; September 18, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Well on a second thought, Olx has nailed it really well, i like their ad insertion strategy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    the system i was talking about is more advanced than anything i have sean. first, you see a box in wich you will fill in the name of your ad and the system show a selection of 5 diferent categories(sugestions) to chose from (and usualy the good one will be shown) or you can manualy chose your category. if you chose manualy, you will see it like in the atached image
    the first box from left is shown first, the moment you select one category (listing type in our case), the 2nd level categories will show and so on.
    olso, after you list an ad, you can select by one click to add another ad in the category you used before.
    at any time you will have available the 3 options -sugestions/category/recent to chose from and olso, in manual category, you can go from the 3rd level category to another main category or 2nd level category. a feature wich drill category doesn't have. you can go back or forword in a straight line in drill category
    Any live example of what you are preaching?

+ Reply to Thread