+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Maps APIs Non-Compliance

Exclamation Google Maps APIs Non-Compliance

Hello,

i Just received a notification mail from Google :

"Dear Developer,

We are happy to see developers using the Google Maps Platform Service. However, we have detected that your application {my website}, does not fully comply with the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service.

In particular, your application violates Section 3.2.3(b) of the terms, which requires developers to "display all attribution that (i) Google provides through the Services (including branding, logos, and copyright and trademark notices); or (ii) is specified in the Maps Service Specific Terms." In addition, developers are not allowed to "modify, obscure, or delete such attribution."

Please update your application so that the [ Google logo ] on the map displayed in your application is clearly visible as required by the terms of service.

We are bringing this to your attention so that this issue can be corrected and your application can be compliant with the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service. If this issue is not corrected, we will take action to restrict your access to the Google Maps API services.

Please reply to this email in the next 14 days to confirm you are updating your application to comply with the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service."

As you can read in the last line, Google maps needs to be updated within next 14 days.

Is it possible to update it soon as possible ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Hello,

I think you'd better create a ticket to look into the problem

I have noticed that on the search on map page, the map seems to be on a z-index that is lower than the page header area. This means if you resize your browser to a very small size then the map will slide upwards underneith the page header. The map and eventually the google logo will be obscured if you continue shrinking the browser size. Could this be related to the issue and trigger the non-compliance warning?

Some update on this issue:

go to ftp > templates > your template > css > style.css > find .map-capture > img (~3211 line)

change:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    to:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

+ Reply to Thread