+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does flynax script phone home for script authorisation?

Does flynax script phone home for script authorisation?

I have a few questions regarding whether or not the flynax script phones home to authorise the script for use on a server?

If so, does this happen only when installing or is it happening every time the site is accessed by a user?

I ask this as I notice that the flynax website and also the flynax forum can sometimes be slow to access, at least from here in Australia. I'm wondering if it affects the load speed of user's sites if the security mechanism is also making requests from the same server that Flynax uses for it's sites and the script is forced to wait for a slow reply?

I also noticed that sometimes my site will not load at all on the first try and needs a refresh to try again, it will then load ok. Wondering if this is related to the security or another issue on my own server.

If it is phoning home for authorisation each and every time, do you have a redundant backup server for authorisation purposes if the first server fails?

Lastly, in the event that Flynax were to cease operation at some point in the future, what would be the operational situation for Flynax customers? Would scripts fail to install? Would they fail to continue working? Have you considered how to enable existing sites to continue functioning or how reinstalls will be permitted in this particular circumstance?

Naturally I respect that you have every right to protect your script and prevent piracy and if you would prefer to respond via PM then that's fine too.

Not sure if anyone has read this one yet so giving it a bump.

Guru
    A good question I seem to always have delays and never thought of this? surely if there is a checker it would not be every time someone goes to the site but more of a beacon signal?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    Id say theres probably some hidden code that needs to be removed to stop checking for validation in the event that flynax seizes to exist. Who knows. But i can tell you one thing, do yourself a favour add your plugin costs plus the script cost and get a total. Now multiply that by a hundred and that is what you will pay to a development house for a similar setup and mobile app if not more. So it does not bother me if they phone home.

Kiowa,

Yeah the script is a great price considering what we are getting, there is no doubt about that. I also appreciate that Flynax wants to stop their script being pirated.

My concern is not that the script may be phoning home for a security check, but that it may possibly impact on site speed or even prevent site from loading sometimes. The other concern is with regards to what were to happen to our sites in the event the validation server were ever to cease to operate or even go offline for an extended period of time.

I'd really appreciate if flynax staff can clarify.

Guru
    I see your point. Do you mean that it is querying stuff from another server everytime someone connects to a flynax site?

Kiowa, that's the question I'm asking yes. I have no idea if it is actually happening or not but might explain some apparent slowdowns and unsuccessful site loads on my own site if that is the case.

I tried accessing my site with Firefox developer edition and checking network connections as it loaded and there didn't appear to be any phoning home occurring with a test on a few pages of my site, I couldn't see any connection to external servers other than for Google fonts and mapping.

So that probably partly provides an answer to my question.

Guru
    Can we get confirmation on this from flynax please ?

My site site runs like a bucket of bricks and i need to find out why it just has huge delays in loading up pages,

establishing secure connection. my site sits for ages with this displaying goes no where?

also started getting heaps of errors popping up on pages ? not sure if these are related but not sure why these are happening?

13 Feb 10:30:14 | 63 repeats | DEBUG: Could not instantiate mail function. on line# 177 (file: /includes/classes/rlMail.class.php)
    22 Feb 08:42:01 | 10 repeats | DEBUG: Returned from editArrangeField(), no key or valies specified on line# 1285 (file: /includes/classes/rlListingTypes.class.php)
    28 Feb 01:30:55 | 242 repeats | DEBUG: Unable to move_uploaded_file on line# 415 (file: /includes/classes/rlActions.class.php)
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 6, 2020 at 04:14 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Master
    Why no one from Flynax is giving a clear reply on this?

+ Reply to Thread