+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maps show location as Kenya Africa when set to no location in admin (happens on demo)

Hybrid View

Maps show location as Kenya Africa when set to no location in admin (happens on demo)

Im using Realty 4.8, I have not been able to get the search on maps page to correctly show user location when they first arrive at the "search on maps" page unless they click the location arrow icon.

I have set the default location for search on maps page blank as suggested at admin/Basic Settings/MapsGeocoding/default location

When I do this the user location is incorrectly identified as being near the town of Meru in Kenya, Africa (I'm in Australia). I have also tried from my phone whilst on a cellular data connection and also on other user's PCs and it seems to identify them all as being in this same incorrect location.

This is happening on both my 4.8 update from 4.7.2 but more importantly is also happening on your 4.8 Demo when I adjusted the setting in Realty Demo admin.

Happens with all the map providers and also doesnt make any difference if I change the Geocoding service provider to any of the alternate providers.

Can others please try testing the demo of 4.8, adjusting the default location to be blank and see if they end up also landing in Kenya when they visit the search on maps page.

Would appear to be a fairly major issue if it's not just me as it is also showing the same error on the flynax realty demo.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; January 12, 2020 at 03:40 AM.

Just a quick note that this problem also exists in the flynax classifieds demo site (as well as the realty demo site as I mentioned earlier.)

This is kind of a big deal for me as the whole idea of my site concept is that it's intended to be built around being location aware, if this feature of the software isn't working correctly without the user having to jump through too many hoops then my concept will likely fail.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; January 13, 2020 at 03:05 AM.

Hello,

I suggest you to create a ticket to look into it as it works well on my end

Hi Rudi, did you follow the steps I suggested to replicate the bug? Perhaps discuss with Viktor to see whether this is a bug that occurs for every user or just under certain localised conditions as he was able to replicate it.

Had a chance to test it this afternoon and seems to be working ok thankyou guys.

Yes, I got the same results when I remove default location into Admin Panel >> Basic settings.

I will create a new task in our bug list. Our developers will check it.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Thanks for confirming the issue Viktor, can the bug please be marked as a high priority if possible? Whilst I'm still a long way off completing my site, I'm not really able to launch without this feature working correctly due to location awareness being a key function of my site concept.

Additionally, when I upgraded to 4.8 from 4.7.2 the auto suggestion field at admin/Basic Settings/MapsGeocoding/default location is not working at all (it doesn't show a drop down list of suggested locations based on what you type) and therefore doesn't allow me to set a default location correctly. I will raise that issue in another thread to see if anyone else has the same problem. Think I may have to end up doing a full fresh reinstall of 4.8 as the updater appears to have a few bugs.

Oki I will set high priority for the problem.

Additionally, when I upgraded to 4.8 from 4.7.2 the auto suggestion field at admin/Basic Settings/MapsGeocoding/default location is not working at all
    Very strange because on demo and my local machine it is working properly. I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem. We will check and solve it on your side.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreál Home View Post
    I have the same problem.
    To be clear, did you mean you also have the same problem as "Maps show location as Kenya Africa when set to no location in admin" ?

Or were you referring to the other issue I mentioned in this thread of not having the autosuggest location function in the location field after update from 4.7.2 to 4.8 ?

+ Reply to Thread