+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maps show location as Kenya Africa when set to no location in admin (happens on demo)

Hi Viktor,

Has any headway been made on this issue as yet? I'm feeling a bit strangled by this one given the nature of my site so it would be awesome to have at least a rough idea on when it could be expected. Thankyou in advance for any help on this issue and also for releasing details of a fix prior to a point release.

On a side note, a publicly viewable future development roadmap would be very welcomed for the community so we can see what issues are being addressed and a rough idea of when they might be completed. Historically, how long after a major release are minor point versions released?

I informed our developers about the task and I hope they will solve it soon.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

The problem solved. If you use version 4.8.0 you need to change 2 files. FTP://templates/your_template/controllers/search_map/
    Take files from: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n7...gYsK4xc94JuiHB
    Please save the old files too.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Awesome thankyou Viktor, that is such good news for me (and everyone else who uses this feature). It might be a little while before I am able to test it out as I still need to address the other issue with the autosuggestion field not working as mentioned in this thread, going to try and reapply the 4.8 update first and if that doesnt work then Rudi said he can have a look for me.

Cheers.

Had a chance to test it this afternoon and seems to be working ok thankyou guys.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    The problem solved. If you use version 4.8.0 you need to change 2 files. FTP://templates/your_template/controllers/search_map/
    Serious problem, i changed these 2 files now the maps wont work at all. And on top of that i did not save the original files.
    Can someone please send me these to files of their site so i can restore?
    Im an idiot, should have made a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Serious problem, i changed these 2 files now the maps wont work at all. And on top of that i did not save the original files.
    Can someone please send me these to files of their site so i can restore?
    Im an idiot, should have made a backup.
    Just redownload the script from the site and replace the ones you messed up
    Classifieds Site: Annonssida
    Other Site: SEO

Guru
    Thnx mate, managed to restore.
    Any1 still getting kenya as their geo location? Is there another fix for this?

Guru
    Can someone on here please check my site boatfind.com to see if it still reverts to kenya africa when you go on MAP SEARCH. Im in australia and it keeps going to kenya.

Thnx
    Last edited by kiowa; July 24, 2020 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Can someone on here please check my site boatfind.com to see if it still reverts to kenya africa when you go on MAP SEARCH. Im in australia and it keeps going to kenya.

Thnx
    It shows Kenya.
    Classifieds Site: Annonssida
    Other Site: SEO

+ Reply to Thread