+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious flaw in Claim Listing plugin - How to fix?

Guru
    Just a quick update, this works, well thank you Curtis, but it has been a long day in the office, so time for a break. I will post a detailed description of what to do tomorrow for all.

Thanks
    Pete
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    Ok I have been able to write a guide of sorts, to long to post here so I have done a word doc. This is draft one of a guide so do not shoot me if it is wrong or needs changes.

Pete

see attached.Claim My Listing V-200917.zip

Update : I mentioned in the first guide it might be possible to use a single account for everything, the answer is yes it can be done but it does not allow for a detailed info section, so keeping them separate as in the guide I think will work better.

I also worked out how to hide the picture option

plugins > claim listings > claim listing tpl > line 35

Block out the following code {* code *}

{*<option value="form" {if $sPOST.claim_method == 'form'}selected="selected"{/if}>{$lang.cl_method_form}</option>*}

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 17, 2020 at 10:07 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    Curtis a quick update I have found an error on my site, I am unsure if it related to this fix but my account type connected to this looses all of its ck editor and in addition all image functions are lost. I have created a ticket for this = Ticket ID: EBG-381424

will advise once problem is sorted

Guru
    Ok a update on this for those people who would like to use this plugin.

Important < this is just how I am using it as of now and this may change and in that I am not saying it is right or wrong so please adjust to suit your own needs.

1. What a brilliant and probably underused plugin by all. I mentioned earlier that this could be used a a way to add content to your site but also to bring traffic to your site,and before we start with traffic / SEO please again this is just my own personal view and I do NOT claim to be an expert, so for all of the experts who know everything please chim in and tell us your story.

Before I dive in I would like this to be seen as just one very small focus I have on adding content and brining traffic to my site and in that there is a much bigger picture and that is for another another day.

So the question is how do we add content to our sites, how do we get more visitors to our site and how do we automate that process to make it easy, I believe part of that answer lies withing the claim this listing plugin.

So to start with the first question I had which was how do I find what to add to my site in a controlled way that I could automate and secondly then make that information valuable to my site and also draw traffic, those questions I struggled with for some time but the answer afterwards and looking back was easy.

the first step was to look at some keyword research in that a system I have been using for a while called the golden keyword ratio by doug cunninham this method lets you find keywords that are easier to rank especially for new sites and I have been using it to write articles for my site but have now adapted this to find keywords for the claim this listing plugin.

you can read about it here > https://nichesiteproject.com/keyword-golden-ratio/

This does take a little time to get your head around, so stay with it, next is what to look for and where to find them? that is easy you just grab you category and in my example it was my dating category so I chose < dating coaches > you then go over to a site called keyword sheeter > https://keywordsheeter.com/ add your search term and for me I added singular and plural ex. dating coach, dating coaches < and selected the sheet keywords option, this will run hundreds of long tail related keywords.

I then ran those keywords through an excel file I made to sort and check with the GKR as above (at the start when new this takes some time but the more you do the faster your get) and in an afternoon I found around 25 related keywords that I could rank rank for reasonable easy.

also note that the GKR says to work to.25 but I have set my limit to 1 so please adjust things to suit your needs.

With that I found a keyword > dating coach london < this had 320 searches per month with a cpc of $2.52 and fell into the GKR rule. All I done then was place that keyword into giggle found the top unpaid listing on page one (you could use any of the top 10 listings) and used that as my claim my listing.

So to recap in a few hours I found around 25 keyword terms I could use to drive targeted traffic to my site and I am able to select top sites to add to my site all in an automated way per se.

Looking at this closer (and i am not telling people what to do but from my side if it were me this is where my head would be)

Lets use a few examples starting with boats, I would look at everything related to boats, for example sailing boat repairs, motor boat repairs, fishing boats, fishing supplies, safety equipment for boats, would then add location extensions to all of that, boat repairs adeleaide, boat repairs Brisbane, then I would look at the how to questions how to fix a sail, etc etc (I would use these to write articles to add to the site), the lists a re completely endless and of course boats of all types for sale.

I would then search all of the GKR keywords for those categories on my site and there would be as many as thousands plus it would be endless.

Lets look at real estate, get out of the box everything to do with homes, find a handyman in location x hundreds of locations, gardening how to,s supplies services, window repair people, roogf repair people, how to clean carpets? (for articles) and literally tens of thousands of options would be available with GKR keys (if you look at some of the major real estate classifieds they all have articles)

Now, take this army of keywords that you can rank for and start adding them to your articles and or claim this listing options. and pump that information out, well that is my plan and I will update here.

Setting up your claim this listing ? This is up to you I did write back that I did not think that using one account was going to work, since then I have seen a way it can work and again this is just how I have done it.

I set up on account called claim this listing, and I fixed the problem of the users details by adding those options to the bottom of the listing page and anly having name and about us on the registration options.

This now allows me to add all claim listings under one account and in that account I set a active email so I could get updates on expiring listing and or feedback if needed.

then it just all about adding your claim this listings and away you go. by adding one or two a day it would be that you will start to see some traffic after a while and please note that the initial stages are not instant, this will take some time so do not not expect instant results.

Some notes and again your choice is how how your listing is added to flynax but there are a few hints and tricks, You want where possible to have your keyword in the following areas

H1
    URL
    Title
    Meta Description
    Alt

The good thing is that with flynax this is easy, first of all your title is also in the the URL of flynax and in the H1 so make sure in your category section under meta title you have the LF title selected and in your description section LF that is selected as your listing field.

For the alt in your images on the page your search the GKR and grab you site to list go to the bottom of the page and look at the > Similar searches < and pick one of those terms as the alt for your image / images (that suits the picture) as this will help that page lock in solid with giggles view of that search term.

You might say why would I just not go to giggle and just grab anything to add to my claim this listing over doing that work ? well you can simples. but I would ask why would I add information to my site that I could not rank for and in turn get no traffic ? all I would be doing is keeping busy wasting my time ?

anyway hope that helps some and I have probably forgot parts if so yell out.

Pics coming in 2 secs.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete Young; October 14, 2020 at 09:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread