+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious flaw in Claim Listing plugin - How to fix?

Hybrid View

Serious flaw in Claim Listing plugin - How to fix?

I noticed, what appears to be, a serious flaw in the Claim Listing process, specifically with new account registrations.

I have multiple Account Types. When someone claims a listing and creates a new account, all they do is enter their Name and Email.

BUT ... they're automatically assigned to an Account Type, and there's no way for them to change their Account Type in their Profile. So what if they're being assigned to the wrong Account Type?

Why isn't there an option, when they enter their Name and Email, to also select an Account Type when they register for a claim listing? Like there is a for a "Quick Sign-Up"?

Am I missing something here?

If not, how can this be fixed?

Thank you
    Ron

I forgot to also ask .... where is the setting to change the default Account Type that's being assigned?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRon View Post
    I forgot to also ask .... where is the setting to change the default Account Type that's being assigned?
    I have the same question, this seems to be assigning the wrong account type and not sure how what when or why
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Wait in line please. There are many bugs ahead of you.

Cool

Hi threre.

Yes the Claim Listing have a problem with selection of account type in sign up process.
    Now it always select first available account type for new accounts.
    I've fix which already applied to website of Pete Young.
    Please check it. If it's OK I'll add it to plugin and update the plugin.

1. Open file \plugins\claimListing\claim_listing.tpl and find code:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    And replace it:

Code:
    Find other code in this file:

Code:
    And replace it to:

Code:

2. Open file plugins\claimListing\claim_listing.inc.php and find code:

Code:
    And add new code after:

Code:
    3. Open file plugins\claimListing\rlClaimListing.class.php and find code:

Code:
    And add new code after:

Code:
    Find code:

Code:
    And replace it to:

Code:
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Guru
    Will check this shortly Curtis, appreciate your help and will respond back here.

I quietly think this plugin is a sleeping giant for anyone wanting to build out thier site and gain momentum, Time will tell but my gut tells me that used properly this will be a winner.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Will check this shortly Curtis, appreciate your help and will respond back here.

I quietly think this plugin is a sleeping giant for anyone wanting to build out thier site and gain momentum, Time will tell but my gut tells me that used properly this will be a winner.
    Thank you! I hope you right.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

I have never really test this out before. But consider 99.99% of post on my site is me posting. I might look into this incase user wanna claim it for themself.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I have never really test this out before. But consider 99.99% of post on my site is me posting. I might look into this incase user wanna claim it for themself.
    Wei, I think it is much more than that, in that if I write my "claim this listing" posts very well optimised for SEO then it will be more doorways into the site, brining in more traffic, plus you get the site looking like it is being used.

Magic I think for people with real estate sites, or any other similar niches.

I will once tested, paste-up how to set everything up for those who want to use this

Cheers
    pete

Wei, I think it is much more than that, in that if I write my "claim this listing" posts very well optimised for SEO then it will be more doorways into the site, brining in more traffic, plus you get the site looking like it is being used.

Magic I think for people with real estate sites, or any other similar niches.

I will once tested, paste-up how to set everything up for those who want to use this

Cheers
    pete
    Yea definitively making sense to me now. I'm looking forward to testing this soon.

+ Reply to Thread