+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Registration of new accounts?

Registration of new accounts?

When I go and try and setup a new account the first page (1. Profile) load really fast. You click Next Step, and the next page comes up really fast as well (2. Personal Details) but here comes the problem, when you click finish and it would try to go to the Done! page it takes a really long time. Even with it taking so long that I checked the email and the activation email was in my inbox all ready and the page was not done loading yet. Then I waited for that page to say it was done and go and check my e-mail. I opened the e-mail and clicked on the link, again took a really long time to load the confirmation page on the site as well. I just do not want any one to think that something is wrong when trying to setup a new account, I would think that everything should move along nice and smooth and not have this long load times on a fresh install.

Thank you

Also the on the admin page to approve the pending accounts it takes a long time to try and get an account active as well.

Sounds like your database might have some lag. Do other actions that update the DB have problems?

like? I would have thought that just about every page hit the database some way? I have also added the Facebook login and it took, that login/registar a long time as well. I am not seeing a cpu load on the server, The server did seem a little low on free memory, so I will up that some and see if that helps as well. It has 1GB of ram in it right now, but I will shut it down and up the ram to say 2GB or more.

Ok, adding a car in right now, and again it took a really long time, this time tho I was still logged into the server and saw that the free ram (Still at 1G dropped to like nothing free, so going to guess the problem is free ram so going to shut it down now and add the ram to the system and see if the problem is still there.

Ok, just added the ram system is now at 2GB. Tired to add another car and again sat around a long time before getting the done page, looked at the ram and it is still sitting with like 1.7 GB free. So RAM does not seem to be the problem, While the page was still sitting there I was able to login and look at mysql and did a "show processlist" and it just showed the connection sitting idle. once it got to about 60 of idle time was when I finally got the done page. So still not sure what would be holding the update to the database up.

Just tried adding another car and watched top on the server, still took way to long to load in the car in my mind. Not sure if it is MySQL or might be something with mail or something like that... Saw sendmail pop to the top of the list from time to time. so not sure if that is it or not just trying to give as much info as I can about everything that I am looking at to try and find what is making this happen.

OK FOUND IT!!! it was the hostname and domain name not being setup and causing emails going out to hang for a long time looking up domain names and such. But all fixed now, Thank you Riba for the help it did point out my soon to be RAM problem and got that fixed before it was a problem.

Thanks for reporting back, useful to know we need to keep an eye on sendmail if the similar problem hits.

+ Reply to Thread