+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phone Format

Phone Format

Hi. How can I change the phone format to: (XXX) XXXX-XXXX ?

THANKS

Go into your admin, then:

User Accounts / Registration Fields

then click the little edit/pen icon to the right of Phone field.

Under the "Field format" section, untick Code.

Change number length to 8.

This still seems to put the hyphen after the 3rd digit though, but does allow for 8 numbers instead of the default 7. ie: (xxx) 123-45678

Edit: I would also be interested to know how to change the position of the hyphen or even remove it completely if possible.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; November 4, 2019 at 03:19 AM.

I would like to know how to change the position of the hyphen in the phone number and/or remove it completely please.

Edit: This has now been answered in the following threads:

This thread discusses how to remove brackets and also phone format https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....light=reefless

This post relates to removing the hyphen in phone number or changing hyphen position see https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post27992 . Note that the file it is referring to is includes > classes > reefless.class.php then look for parsePhone within the file (not rlCommon.class.php as mentioned in that post as it relates to something else).
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; November 21, 2019 at 11:09 PM.

It is a pretty serious mistake, since not everyone uses the same codes.

It should be easier, select the country code +XXX (default countries you could choose) followed by the phone without separations XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It is common in international websites. And the possibility of adding a WhatsApp selector so that a WhatsApp icon appears to send a message.

I think will be better to create a new field with type numeric instead of using phone type for your phone field.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Here are some examples:

phone1.jpg
    phone2.jpg

Surely in future updates that field will be improved and we will not have to create a new field with type numeric and can select whatsapp.
    Last edited by pauff; April 21, 2020 at 04:04 PM.

I suggest you create a new ticket with the request. We will do it as customization for you.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Here I have found a solution that works more or less well, it is not as nice as the flags, but it works.

https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post21148

thanks!

For a small additional fee, we will add the dropdown with flags.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread