+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Placeholder {$field_Key} issue...

Placeholder {$field_Key} issue...

Hello,

I have adjusted my field.tpl for the placeholder text to the following: placeholder="{$field.Key}", but when I go to the language area in ap, I have changed the correct phrase key, and it will not reflect the change on the front-end. Is there a bug with the language area? For example: I tried to update the phrase key for email in the language area to Enter Email Address, but it just says email in the placeholder value. Is it possible that the key I changed/created was incorrect and the actual key doesn't have a value set? I don't know if that is the trick, but I really don't know which key to change if that is the case, I have changed the key associated with listing fields -> field key but that doesn't seem to change it.

Is the placeholder value correct? {$field.Key}

Update: I only need to know if placeholder="{$field.Key}" is correct to display the placeholder, I *do* see the placeholder text, but why is the phrase in the language area in ap not reflecting on the front-end?

If this is not possible, then how about this, how to make default value in the listing fields area so that instead of being just text, how to make it placeholder text, so when you click into input boxes the text will go away, just to show what it is for. That is all I am trying to do.

Please advise
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 20, 2019 at 06:45 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello,

if you need to use lang phrases from admin you should use {$lang.your_phrase_key}

as I mentioned before several times

or if you need to display the field name in placeholder it should be like that:

{$lang[$field.pName]}
    Last edited by Rudi; November 20, 2019 at 03:44 PM.

Thank you so much Rudi for your timely reply! I know it's already been posted, but this reply was critical in more ways than one.

Thanks again!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

if you need to use lang phrases from admin you should use {$lang.your_phrase_key}

as I mentioned before several times

or if you need to display the field name in placeholder it should be like that:

{$lang[$field.pName]}
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread