+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listing type with and without google maps

Listing type with and without google maps

I am facing a problem as I have listing type REALESTATES and there are people who are renting out, selling and the one who are buying and renting, and for ads who are selling make sense to have map but not for guys who are buying. So I dont know how to get around that issue as I didnt find any option where I could disable map for some group that are inside same listing type. Even if I devide them in different categories if they are in same listing type and as souch I dont see the way to disable map for them.
    Thanks, G

Hello Gregor,

What maps do you mean exactly? On add-listing form ? It is location finder plugin which can be disabled for particular listing type

on listing pages buyers need to see maps where the listing is located or search listings on the map

but the script doesn't support disabling maps for some account type

hi Rudi
    the maps where you sett POINTER to the location where your realestate is located. So when you are posting an ad it will show the map and you move the POINTER where is location of your realestate. For my site I have in plan that users will post diffrent types of classifieds. For example:
    1. I want to rentOut realestate DATA: location(show on map) , description, price etc. --> NEED MAP

2. I am looking to rent apartment in the centre of city DATA: description, price etc --> DONT NEED MAP --> Actualy it is bad because there will be some USELESS POINTERS on the "search on the map"
    Last edited by Gregor Sunja; November 13, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

With existing tools you can create a new listing type for buyers with appropriate categories

then disable location finder for this listing type

and enable its categories for your listing package

then go to User Accounts > Account Types > buyer account type > enable option to add listings to buyers listing type

I am using same account type for people selling and buying but instead deifferenting from person and company.
    So what are you suggesting means I cannot have same parent category listings that have and dont have google maps?
    Thanks, G

yes, you should create a new listing type with the same categories (if necessary) and disable Location Finder plugin for this listing type

there is no any other way

or it will require a customization to restrict the plugin for account types or particular accounts

Do you plan any upgrades that would solve that issue? If you can have specific fields for categories I dont understand why you cannot exclude or include maps as well. Is the same with services if you are LAWYER you want to show location but if you are PLUMBER location is not important as you will come to customer.
    Is this only (your) solution?:
    All in One Classifieds Software Demo Site.png

+ Reply to Thread