+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to modify QR Code plugin to instantly go to a website listing instead of VCard?

How to modify QR Code plugin to instantly go to a website listing instead of VCard?

How do I modify the QR Code plugin so that it instantly allows the end user to visit the page related to the listing? At present it brings up a VCard to save and really all I need is the URL of the listing so that it will instantly open in the phone browser.

I envisage using the function in conjunction with the PDF Print page so that an agent can print out a flyer of the listing that also shows the QR Code, stick it on a wall or pole and then a passerby can instantly use the QR Code to visit the site and find more info about the listing, without needing to save off as a VCard (VCard may be a little confusing for an end user who might expect the QR Code to just automatically visit a webpage).

Ideally it would be awesome if a future version of the plugin could be updated to have the option in the backend admin to either "Save as VCard" or to "Directly open listing URL" but in the meantime what might I do to modify it for "directly open listing URL" only?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, we can do it as customization. I suggest you create a new ticket with the request and we will discuss there.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Have figured out how to do this if anyone is interested.

Need to edit plugins/qrCode/rlQrCode.class.php

I have commented out the lines in the section below and it now seems to be working as I needed by sending user directly to the listing in their browser instead of creating a vCard. Hopefully I haven't introduced any bugs?

If you have already generated previous QR Codes with the old vCard then need to rebuild a new QR code when someone views a QR Code for a listing. You can do this by deleting all the numbered "user_" folders under files/qrcode/ and the code will be generated as needed.

Replace this around line 127

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

with this:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; November 1, 2019 at 12:15 AM.

Danke, genau das richtige.

+ Reply to Thread