+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to add a field to add listing page?

How to add a field to add listing page?

Last week I managed to add some additional fields to my "add listing" page, but I'm trying to do it again but can't actually recall how I did it.

I've already created the fields I need, just cant find where to edit the "add listing" form and drag the fields into place as I previously did.

Help please, getting a tad frustrated at myself.

Guru
    hello Graham, go into you console > Categories > Browse > Select category > Build Category > Listing Form.

NOTE if you have a master category, then select that to use.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Awesome thanks Pete. I hadn't realised that the primary category acted as a master form for the remaining categories and couldn't figure out where the fields I had already inserted had disappeared to on the non-primary category forms even though I could see them when adding a new listing. I had actually originally added the fields to the primary category but then made it inactive as it was not one I was intending to use but obviously it still retains it's master status.

I assume to change the primary category to another category you simply need to adjust the "position" and make it number 1 as I cant see another option to make it primary? Edit: Nope... that doesn't work but I did find your post from last August about how to make the change "go into the listing type and select a category to be the master category", so thankyou again.

Edit: I notice that a search of "primary category" turns up no results in the official manual but you do have a section in your GRSF addon manual

I think I better print and read your manual from start to finish, I've only got a little way through your manual today.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; October 16, 2019 at 05:27 AM.

Guru
    Graham you adjust the primary category in listing types / your listing type
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread