+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add placeholder text instead...

Add placeholder text instead...

Hello Flynax Team,

I would like to add placeholder text inside the input box on the post add page, instead of having labels. I have come close to getting what I want, but not quite...

I am working in the tpl -> blocks -> field.tpl file to try to get this to work. I am trying to add the following code:

placeholder="Placeholder Text" to the input boxes (only the input boxes that have a language translation above them) like:

Title
    Description
    Name
    Additional Information

I *may* want to put the placeholder text in other inputs so if you could instruct me on how to do this that would be awesome! My result was that I was adding the same place holder text in all the inputs. I need help getting the correct placeholder text (each input field having it's own placeholder text) in each of the different input fields.

I want to try and make the add listing page more uniform by removing the labels from the outside of the inputs so that it become better aligned.

See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/CX1mxpy
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

If you want we can do it as customization to you. But need to create a new ticket with the request.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

I would still like to get this done too. I can't seem to put the pieces together to make the placeholder work.

I have been in the language area of ap and created new key/phrase for each language, then used a couple of different methods provided by the forum members to get it working but nothing works yet.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Edit: The reason I chose to go with the contact fieldset is because when I added the placeholder text to (what I thought was) the email address field, (in field.tpl) it also changed the zip code as well as a couple of other fields to email address placeholder text in the inputs. So I went with the other option to use the if block as shown below in the fieldset_header template.

I think I got it, but I am still a bit stuck with it...This is what I have been able to come up with, and I am pretty close, but still not correct.

In my fieldset_header template, I have the following if block:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Now this *does* work, but it duplicates the field that is already there (email field), so my question is to add placeholder text, do I have to:

Remove that code
    Add different code

or can I keep the email address field (original way) in the listing form, and use placeholder text somewhere else in the templates?
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 6, 2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello Flynax Team,

What is the solution to adding the placeholder text to the select boxes and text input boxes on the post ad page?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Do you want a new text into fields as placeholder or name of the fields should me inside fields?
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hello Viktor,

I want new text into fields. Example: For the title field, Enter Title, for description field, Enter Description and for select menus, Select Country, Select State, Select City etc..Depending on what field it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Do you want a new text into fields as placeholder or name of the fields should me inside fields?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I think it looks like small customization and will be better to create a new ticket with the request.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hello Flynax Team,

Update: Can someone have a look in my languages area and tell me what key I need to change to make the {$field.Key} update the word email to Email Address on the post ad pages?

I almost got this, but for the additional information field, I am unable to get the placeholder text, because of a visibility: hidden and display none style attached to the textarea field:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    If I remove the style from that, the placeholder works, BUT the CKEditor get's removed. So how can I style the textarea with a placeholder?

Also, I have figured out how to get the placeholders using the {$field.Key} as the placeholder text, the only problem here is that the text is lowercase in the fields. I believe the problem now is that I have to add the key into the language area, but I did that and it's not reflecting changes. It still says email I want the text to be Enter Email and I can't get that change.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 19, 2019 at 01:53 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread