+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why does status for ad show as incomplete?

Why does status for ad show as incomplete?

Hello Flynax Team,

I am not sure that this is a problem or not, but just want to get your feedback. I had someone else post a live ad on my site, and the email for that ad shows:

Hello Administrator,

A new account has been created at World Class Ads - Classified Advertising Worldwide.

Account Details:
    First name: removed, ( Removed for confidentiality purposes )
    Last name: removed, ( Removed for confidentiality purposes )
    Username: removed ( Removed for confidentiality purposes )
    Registration date: Oct 11, 2019

My Question: Why is the status shown as incomplete? Does this mean that the person submitting the ad cancelled the process, or do they have to click the link in the email first? I don't know why the ad status is incomplete. Maybe something I did wrong or have to change a setting?

I have had several other ads show the same (status incomplete) as well, not just this one.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Exist 2 ways why the status as Incomplete.
    1. User should activate their account via email.
    2. After email confirmation, Admin should activate account into Admin Panel >> Accounts.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    2. After email confirmation, Admin should activate account into Admin Panel >> Accounts.
    Does admin have to activate by email or can user just activate without admin? I do have the email, but my question is does admin have to activate or can the user do it without me (admin) activating their account?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    I think from memory if you have preview set and a person places and ad and goes through to preview, thinking it has been placed then it will also give incomplete

But you do not need to worry to much about incomplete ads as this shows in the ads section that they have as incomplete and there is an email that is sent out to them telling them it in incomplete, and lastly a setting to remove incomplete ads after xyz days so really everything is automated in regards this.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

I just enabled cron on my server, didn't really want to do this yet, because of being on a shared host...Does anyone know how running cron on a shared host account (hostgator) will impact the overall performance? I have it setup to run once a day at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    I think from memory if you have preview set and a person places and ad and goes through to preview, thinking it has been placed then it will also give incomplete

But you do not need to worry to much about incomplete ads as this shows in the ads section that they have as incomplete and there is an email that is sent out to them telling them it in incomplete, and lastly a setting to remove incomplete ads after xyz days so really everything is automated in regards this.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hi Viktor,

Is there a way that when user clicks on the activation link, his account is automatically activated without admin activating it in the background?

I noticed some users starting the registration and not activating it...
    Last edited by Skorpion; April 4, 2020 at 02:11 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    Hi Viktor,

Is there a way that when user clicks on the activation link, his account is automatically activated without admin activating it in the background?

I noticed some users starting the registration and not activating it...
    Found!!

+ Reply to Thread