+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Field set design,,,

Field set design,,,

Hello Flynax Team,

Just thought I would ask this question, (it just came to mind) even though I am not quite ready for this change yet. I would like to change the tpl->blocks->fieldset_header template BUT I only want to change a particular field set NOT ALL of them...How can I do that if the field set (group name) is called contact? I would just like to know what template to change the contact field set (group name) if that makes sense?

The reason for this is because the vehicles listing type has several fields, (not in the contact group, but the vehicles group) and the layout will not look good, I think it should be used in a more horizontal layout (fields side by side) I am only researching at this point, but I believe I need to change the fieldset_header.tpl file to accomplish the horizontal layout. Is this correct?

I drew a red square around the area that I want to change in the screenshot below:

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/LQLwi33
    Last edited by Brian Jester; September 26, 2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello,

in fieldset_header.tpl use:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

Great, Thank you Rudi! One more question on this, how to display the fields in this template? Oh, I have to remove the fields out of the form if I want to add to the template correct?

Update: I am trying to add the drop down menu for a field or multi-fields, how can I do this in the template?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

in fieldset_header.tpl use:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; September 26, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I think it doesn't make sense when you can place fields in the field group like you need via form builder

see field.tpl from tpl > blocks and use $id variable to check group key

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I think it doesn't make sense when you can place fields in the field group like you need via form builder

see field.tpl from tpl > blocks and use $id variable to check group key
    The reason for this, (unless a better way is possible) is that if I have a bunch of fields for the vehicles and fashion listing types the fields would look better to display them across the page, rather than vertically, and the only way I thought this was possible is through the fieldset_header template, but I could be wrong, it's only a thought.

I caught on to this idea from: https://www.autoblog.com/sell-your-car/vehicle-info/

Update: I think I might (once again) be over thinking the situation. I am now thinking that this can be completely done by css and not have to actually do it from the template.

Update 2: I have figured it out!
    Last edited by Brian Jester; September 27, 2019 at 03:46 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I have attempted to do this using css, and with little thought (although I did stick to only using the display property, if that helps) I have changed the vehicles field set (group) on the Vehicles Listing type and cars Category. It looks good with the fields in the horizontal layout, but I have also adjusted the other field sets (groups) as well, (not intended) which doesn't look entirely that bad, but I would prefer the other groups to be like default (vertical layout).

Is there a way someone could help me accomplish this? I would like to keep the vehicles field set in the horizontal layout, but all the rest of the field sets (groups) such as location and contact all in the default vertical layout like default. Could someone help me adjust that change? I believe the css display property only has to be changed from the inline-grid to display: block, but it needs to only be changed for the Car Information field set on the Vehicles listing type / car category and I have tried in the templates/general_modern/tpl/blocks/fieldset.header tpl but without any luck.

https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...d-listing.html - Login using demo as both user and pass.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; September 29, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

How can I fix this page so that the two groups (location information and additional information) are located in the div above with contact information and car information? And also, move the get details back into the correct position. See link below:

Updated url:

https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...ition-247.html

The original issue started on the post ad page, in the vehicles listing type and cars category with the car information group (field set) as I was trying to use display: inline-grid (which I removed) but some where along the line, the page above was affected. I don't know how that happened and need help getting it back to normal.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; October 7, 2019 at 03:09 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

This issue is resolved!

Update:
    I restored the css, sorry for not letting you guys know.

Can someone have a look into this?

login: demo
    pass: demo
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 1, 2019 at 04:41 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread