+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Subdomains for users

Subdomains for users

Hi. I'd like for every user to be a seller/vendor by default, but would like them to be able to choose a subdomain as an option, not force them to.

www.abcdef.com/optional

How do I do this?

Thank you

Go to Admin Panel >> Basic Settings >> Accounts and find the line: Wildcard subdomains. You need to set YES.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Master
    Hi Viktor,

How to proceed if I want locations in subdomain?

Thank you

Thanks. But the intention is not to have the system force the user to create a subdomain if they don't want one.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose luis Lau cruz View Post
    Thanks. But the intention is not to have the system force the user to create a subdomain if they don't want one.
    if you wanted to do that you do it a level above at account type, you would have one account type that did not have an extension option and one account type that did, this way they would choose if they wanted a subdomain or not and based on that they would select the appropriate account type per se.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thanks. But, what if a buyer wanted to be a seller in the future, would the person have two accounts with two emails?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose luis Lau cruz View Post
    Thanks. But, what if a buyer wanted to be a seller in the future, would the person have two accounts with two emails?
    Yes flynax was going to introduce that option and or was thinking about it / you do have that option in admin panel but not in user interface, maybe it could be a mod you can ask about ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Right now only Administrator can change account type for users.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread