+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Page Ad Submission Form

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Morgan,

When you create a listing and you write address for this goods but address for creator and for goods may be different,
    That's why you can choose option take info from account or write other address.
    Viktor, can you tell us how to alter /includes/controllers/registration.inc.php so that we can have 1 page for register?
    users do not like to go from one page to another just to do something simple.
    register area has 2 pages when it should have 1, splited in 2 columns wich can accomodate just fine all the fields. no one is making 100 fields for register. this countless steps register is obsolete when you consider that we allow quick register and facebook register

the same ideea applies for add a listings. the infos that is shown in 6-7 steps (including preview) can be shown just fine in 1 page or 2-3 at most.
    thanks

Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We divided add listing and registration to some steps because if you sell for example cheap things it's not serious no needs additional information about you but if you sell a car or house or may be you agent and selling many houses it's serious things and many money, that's why we divided different information and placed on different pages for fill and select it correctly. I think if merge all steps in 1 page users will be confused because they will see many many information in 1 page.

About registration page: if you want you can remove all additional fields and users will not see 2-nd step in registration.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hello Viktor,

My Point is single page Ad Submission Form is best. Because some of the user not finishing the post so more Incomplete listings.

I like if add photos and add video page should be in the form page. Now its different pages.

See Image:

ji1.jpg

Ram

Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We divided add listing and registration to some steps because if you sell for example cheap things it's not serious no needs additional information about you but if you sell a car or house or may be you agent and selling many houses it's serious things and many money, that's why we divided different information and placed on different pages for fill and select it correctly. I think if merge all steps in 1 page users will be confused because they will see many many information in 1 page.

About registration page: if you want you can remove all additional fields and users will not see 2-nd step in registration.

"We divided add listing and registration" - what you say makes some sense for cars or for realty, but you offer much more than that type. so, you complicated things for all templates becouse of 2 types. it woulded be nice to have flexibility to chose if you want 1 step or 100 steps, depending on the template you want

in the end, we offer a ads website in wich buyers wants just to find a good deal and to get in touch with the seller. We do not sell ourself the car or house so is no need to post a huge list of identity details of the seller becouse the buyer will meet the seller anyway. what is preventing a seller to post fake data? we don't have a feedback system (imposible for ads) so no point after me.

"About registration page" - no, you cannot, becouse you can't move the fields that you may have created for step 2.
    for instance, phone number. for any ad, the best option is to show it and your 1-st step doesn't has it.
    register should be done based on username, password, email adress (with public or not option) and phone (with public or not option). for email and phone, the script should check so that they are not used anymore. for email we have it, for phone we don't?
    olso, why offer the users ability to use custom page on that step? if username is joh or john wayne, page should be created automatic like /john/ or /john_wayne . what prevent a user to make his own page as /suck_my_d..k ? (excuse the expresision) nothing.

the way you sugested, we would offer just username and email? for so many years, first contact is done faster and better with phone, not with email. in my country i heard countless times that i wanted to talk with you on the phone so that i know i do not talk with a child....

you want to see a huge website with 1 page for register or creating a listing? check mercador.ro .... you will be surprised, in a positive sense. and they have from cars, houses, to paint or sticks. for visitors it matters just to contact fast the seller and for seller it matters just to post fast an ad. plain and simple
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; October 30, 2013 at 06:15 AM.

Hello Petrache Nicolae,

ok. i did try what you said and true, it jumped from step 1 to step 3, but, there are 3 issues:
    1. we still see the steps with arrows on top
    2. how can we add in first step phone field and make it unique like it happens to email address/username
    3. how can we have personal page hidden and auto created with the username?

thanks

hello. i have talked with flynax regarding Single Page Ad Submission Form and it involves lots of work becouse to keep the existing facilities like listing preview, different fields for categories, payed ads etc, it has to be done via AJAX. The price for this is +500$. When my website will grow and i will get any money from it (hopfully), i would spend those 500. But i would prefer to have this important feature sooner than later. So, is anyone interested in this and willing to share the costs to have this done? I would prefer another 4 users to keep the cost at a resonable level.

I would have but think i am going to wait for flynax version 5, however long that may be. See what that has to offer and do a full rebuild. Gives me time to save up aswell
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Just quick question if someone knows how to solve this ?
    If not, maybe how to rename those tabs Like for example, instead of Step 1 " Listing details " - Step 2 " Listing Photos " ... etc

Any idea

Hello Majed,

You can try to find phrases in Admin Panel >> Languages click 'Search' button and try to find next phrases by keys.
    Keys for steps:
    'select_category', 'select_plan', 'fill_out_form', 'add_photo', 'add_video', 'checkout'.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Thanks viktor, ill try that

+ Reply to Thread