+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Page Ad Submission Form

Single Page Ad Submission Form

In Previous version, i believe Flynax had function to allow users to post ad in a single page, however, in new version there are about 4 to 6 pages/steps which users have to go through in order to post an ad.

I am a project manager and develop websites for clients and couple of them have raised this concern and i feel their argument is valid. Having a single ad submission form reduces time and ambiguity.

I look forward to see a plugin or a built in feature, which can allow users to fill in single form instead of doing step 1 2 3 4 5 6.

Hello Ahmed,

In version 3,2 on add listing page was 3-4 steps. May be in next version we will create option for choose 1-2 steps or many steps for add listing.
    My opinion 6 steps much better for add listings instead 1-2 steps. We separated general things in each step and it's easy for understanding and user can go back for change in previous step if he want.
    Also many clients sent requests to us with this modification that's why we created it.
    Last edited by Viktor; August 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Agree, I mean if you are signed in, then your information are already there, no meaning for address, etc.
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Hello Morgan,

When you create a listing and you write address for this goods but address for creator and for goods may be different,
    That's why you can choose option take info from account or write other address.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Nice to see your here Viktor. Your argument is somewhat valid, as it does simplify the process, but at same time it alienates users who want to quickly post an ad and be done with it. I believe all this can be done in single page, which will guarantee improvement in ad posting and usability.

You can test your self, go to Olx.com and on side open flynax, and try to submit ad in both and note time it takes. You will observe its much faster to post ads on Olx.

Surely whether you have a one page system or a 6 step system you still have to fill the same information out, add the same photos, add the same video etc. it will still take pretty much the same time, the time consuming bit is signing up before hand but with flynax you can select to sign up during adding the listing, so personally cant see it saving that much time.

Chris brown, loading 6 pages in browser compared to one page is time consuming. loading 6 pages on a slower server is even more time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Raza View Post
    Chris brown, loading 6 pages in browser compared to one page is time consuming. loading 6 pages on a slower server is even more time consuming.
    I can understand that it will be quicker using a one page system, but generally i cant see it saving that much time unless like you say its a slow server

Would you want a 1 page ad submission form like Olx or would want your users to follow 6 steps to fill the steps after steps? choice is yours.

In all honesty i kind of like how it is in steps, but i have no problem with a one page submission either, i suppose its all personal choice

I have a auto classifieds site and even the biggest auto classifieds company where i live uses a 5 step system
    Last edited by Chris Brown; August 23, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread