+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Css Adjustment

Css Adjustment

Hello,

Can someone help me fix my https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...istration.html page? I want to align the publish email and subscribe to newsletter so they are uniform even and make the text Subscribe to Newsl...Say Subscribe to Newletter
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    the publish email / newsletter looks like it should be sitting under the email section not along side and may be why it is out of shape ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    the publish email / newsletter looks like it should be sitting under the email section not along side and may be why it is out of shape ?
    I was trying to put them along side. Is that possible? I did just align them along side, but the label is cut off. I believe I found the problem with overflow: hidden.

Update: According to Chrome Inspector, that was the fix. But after first commenting that code ~ line 580 it did not appear to change, then removing that code, it still didn't change.

Anyone have a suggestion to fix this? It seems something has gone wrong with the css, I am making changes but nothing is reflecting on the website. I have contacted my hosting company (hostgator) and they say they can't help with this issue. I guess something in the css preventing me from making some adjustments. I tried adjusting the padding on ~ 5259 for the User Registration page to put a space between the input box for the email and the Publish email checkbox. That didn't work. Also, I have cleared my cache using 3 methods. These usually work, but for some odd reason for the last couple of weeks to about a month - I was unable to see the css changes reflect on the website.

1. Click & Clean for Google Chrome Addon
    2. Super History & Cache Cleaner for Google Chrome Addon
    3. Google Chrome -> More Tools -> Clear browsing data

None of which worked out this time around.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; August 25, 2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    I tried adjusting the padding on ~ 5259 for the User Registration page to put a space between the input box for the email and the Publish email checkbox. That didn't work
    css # 572 > /* position: absolute; */ will place a gap between the email and the check box, the rest seems ok
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    css # 572 > /* position: absolute; */ will place a gap between the email and the check box, the rest seems ok
    I have just tried that, but still not correct. Then I tried what appears to be exactly correct from my view in the chrome inspector, but not working when I changed in the css file directly.

Style.css Line ~5257

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    That appears to do the job from google chrome inspector, but after I changed the css file, chrome inspector still shows the old code and the changes are not reflecting. Why is that happening?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Could someone help me get this? It's a small adjustment on the following page: https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...istration.html but I would to get a little margin after the email input box and the checkbox for the Publish my email. Can someone get that? If that is not possible can you restore to original for me?

Update: I still haven't fixed this, but I wanted to shed light on this situation to make clear what is very odd about this, and I don't know if this is a css issue or something entirely different. The odd part about this is that even though I am able to save the css file and preview the changes, chrome does not reflect the changes, so after I have made the line changes in css file and then preview in the browser using inspector, there is no change in that line. So if it was padding-top: 10px prior to the css change, then I change to margin-top: 10px - After the change in the css to margin-top: 10px, then checking with inspector it goes shows padding-top: 10px as if I never even changed the css file. What is going on with the css file?
    Last edited by Brian Jester; August 28, 2019 at 05:37 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I have figured out the problem

I don't know why this was the case but for anyone who ever has a css issue like this, I remember about 2 weeks ago, I changed my dns over to Cloudflare (free service) to try it, and when I removed my website from their server it went back to normal (being able to do css)

I really do apologize for putting the stress on you guys when it was my fault.

Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread