+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need additional seller info on seller page

Need additional seller info on seller page

Hi, we are looking for a solution to add additional seller information (e.g. with an additional field) to the seller profile page.
    I've found out that when adding a new registration field (type: textarea), this field does not show on the seller page, i.e. it can not be added with the browse form. Somewhere in the forum I*read that this is because a textarea field would be too big and perhaps be in conflict with the page layout.

We would need an additional field to add the "Imprint" Information. In Germany this is a legal requirement for any commercial seller, even on a car marketplace. As a workaround we could use the "About us" field as this is shown on the seller page. But we are wondering whether there is no other solution to add an additional filed on the seller page.

Anyone has tips or suggestions on this?
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by Stefan Kaufmann; August 21, 2019 at 06:14 AM. Reason: typo

Hello,

you can allow using textarea field for browse form

for that you need to go to ftp > admin > controllers > account_types.inc.php

at the bottom of the file find:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    and change it to:
    PHP Code:

Guru
    you just need to crate a new content box / html. add your required text then assign that box to your view details page / side panel and it will sit up under the seller details.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you both for your support.

Question: Is there a way to get only the output of a specific seller field (e.g. imprint) with smarty or PHP? E.g. to display this field on the seller page, but outside the seller info box?

The code from Rudi works nicely. But it is not ideal to have the imprint information inside the seller box as company name, adress etc. are just repeated. It would be better to show it in a seperate box or even on a separate page. Imprints usually need to consist of company name, address but also, contact number, e-mail and trade registry numbers etc..

Tried other options such as to hide repeated address information when using a content box and adding seller info there, using css (display:none), but this removes both instances as they have the same css id selector.
    Any other idea?
    Last edited by Stefan Kaufmann; August 21, 2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: re-phrased

you can use a simple way to output account fields:

{$seller_info.YOUR_FIELD_KEY}

but you can't display values for phone and multi-fields

or

you can output any fields by accessing this array like that:

{$owner_short_details.YOUR_FIELD_KEY.value}

but you should add all these fields to browse form

and disable them (if needed) in templates > tpl > blocks > listing_details_seller.tpl:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    where && $item.Key != 'YOUR_FIELD_KEY' the field you need to hide
    Last edited by Rudi; August 21, 2019 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks Rudi, this was exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly.

After some more testing one issue remains. By making use of {$seller_info.YOUR_FIELD_KEY}, the new content box shows now on every 'View details' page. This works as required.
    However, if I additionally select the box to be shown on the 'Dealers' (Seller) page, only the frame of the box (in site design) appears, but there is no content.

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Stefan Kaufmann; August 22, 2019 at 08:29 PM.

The reason is that on dealer's page the {$seller_info} is defined later in the code

so you can use php content box and define these details with this code:

PHP Code:

Again thank you so much for this help. Works like a charm. I have now the necessary Seller Imprint included.

+ Reply to Thread