+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General Modern template several questions

General Modern template several questions

Hello everyone,
    Several question I hope it would be useful for others too,
    1- Is it possible for the advertiser to add (Sold or Rented etc...) to listing's thumbnail in the listings page? that it would look like the way (Featured) looks
    2- How can I set up an expiration date to a listing? so it automatically terminated
    3- Is it possible to prevent the advertiser from removing his own listing prior to expiration date? having him asking the admin to remove the listing.
    4- How can I create (custom listing fields) that will only appear when choosing certain option (please see screen shot for explanation)
    5- (Searching forms) .... I have built a custom Search Fields and want to assign it to (Apartments & Houses) Category. how can I do that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

1. You need to use Listing Status plugin

2. Expiration date or lifetime of listing is set in packages in Monetization > Listing Packages > some plan > Edit > Listing live for. For membership plans it is not supported as you set lifetime for plan only

3. It will require a customization. As far as I know it's not correct in terms of GDPR

4. It also will require a small customization. By default, 'Rent' works only with Rental Period field

5. For categories you can use 'In a Category' form type

but if you need to display form on different pages you can use your custom form:

go to Content > Boxes > Add a Box > in Box type select Smarty;

then in Content insert the following code with the key of your custom form

{search key='YOUR_CUSTOM_FORM_KEY'}
    Last edited by Rudi; August 15, 2019 at 01:28 PM.

Thank you Rudi for your help,
    (Point No. 5) it wasn't clear for me I tried to follow your instruction but didn't get a result.
    the Idea of custom search field is when searching for house to buy has different criteria than searching for commercial Shops or Lots
    I need to assign (customized search form) to each category and subcategory that will appears once user chooses a category or subcategory
    Is it possible? Subject website is [URL="http://eqaratsy.com"]

you need to put a field Category to the form and enable levels of categories in your listing form you need to use:

Listings > Listing Types > your listing type > Edit > Search Settings > Number of category levels

use this fix to display categories on box settings: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post26878

if you still have some problems you'd better create a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

1. You need to use Listing Status plugin

2. Expiration date or lifetime of listing is set in packages in Monetization > Listing Packages > some plan > Edit > Listing live for. For membership plans it is not supported as you set lifetime for plan only

3. It will require a customization. As far as I know it's not correct in terms of GDPR

4. It also will require a small customization. By default, 'Rent' works only with Rental Period field

5. For categories you can use 'In a Category' form type

but if you need to display form on different pages you can use your custom form:

go to Content > Boxes > Add a Box > in Box type select Smarty;

then in Content insert the following code with the key of your custom form

Hi Rudi, I created a content box smarty and successfully display the search form with your code

However the content of it looks bad, may be because it has no class?
    Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 11.50.45 PM.png
    It even have a "with picture" option, which I set as NO.

How can I set the class of the content to be like this, the refine search box, and without "with picture" option:
    Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 11.50.53 PM.png

+ Reply to Thread