+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with XML Feed

Help with XML Feed

Hello Folks,

I need some help with XML Feed. I have the PDF tutorial on how to use it but not sure on how to find XML Feed providers. There will still be trials and errors even after I fill up the fields so that's why I would really appreciate if someone can help me with. Earlier I posted a similar thread but received no response. My site is ready pretty much and need to fill up the empty categories to few hundreds each.

Any guidance and links of Feed Proivers will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

you should search for XML providers via the internet depending on what kind of ads you need

there are some you can try:

www.trovit.com

www.xml2u.com

Hello Rudi G,

Thank you and I have already contacted one of the link xml2u.com. Hopefully it works out well. Still not sure if they will be the one to do the initial setup or I give them your PDF printout and create an Admin Account for them to embed and do the settings?.
    Thank you.

I don't think they need our pdf manual :-) as they have their own system

they should give you a link to xml with listings or it should be generated automatically based on the parameters

Hello Rudi,

The xml provider can get the phone numbers with the listings but they will use the Site Owner's email address as a contact method for the listings. Since the ads are not mine, how do I approach and reply about a listing if someone contacts me. Another alternative they give me is to disable the contact form on the site and this way the inquirer can only use the phone number listed on the listing page. Is it possible to make "Contact Me" Form be disabled only for the XML Type Ads - in other words be available for regular listings posted by Sellers/ Dealers ?.
    I will wait for your reply.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by J Koresh; September 3, 2019 at 03:33 AM.

Hello Javed,

Go to ftp > templates > your_template > tpl > blocks > listing_details_seller.tpl

at the bottom find a code:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and change it to:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

+ Reply to Thread