+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drop Down Functionality Change...

Drop Down Functionality Change...

I would like to change something that I am not sure would be a heavy customization or not.

What I would like to do is for the post ad page, in the location group.

When you select country, the state becomes the next active field, then after that the city becomes the last active field. Can that be changed so that when Country is selected the City then becomes the next active field instead of state, then state become active after city?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hey Brian

You could try adding something like the following to the footer.tpl (unless there's a more appropriate place)...

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    I haven't tested it but it will either work or not, with very little chance of breaking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis Diaz View Post
    Hey Brian

You could try adding something like the following to the footer.tpl (unless there's a more appropriate place)...

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    I haven't tested it but it will either work or not, with very little chance of breaking anything.
    I haven't changed anything yet, but I will look into your code.

Edit: I have just tested this code, I added it to the bottom of footer_data.tpl - forgot to wrap the code in {literal} {/literal} tags, I had an error, but then after wrapping in literal tags, no errors, but it still works as I previously mentioned. I am trying to make the inputs work as such (it not a horrific problem - but just something that I would like to see)

For the location group on the post ad page:

When you select Country then I would like the City to become the next option (NOT STATE) THEN STATE as the last choice.

I have it laid out on the post ad page (listing form) as:

Country
    Address
    CITY
    STATE
    Zip code

It currently works like this, you select your country, then state becomes available, then the city. I would like it so City become first AFTER country is selected, then state.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; August 10, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Ok, please let me know how it works out.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out.
    I'm out of suggestions I'm afraid. :/

Not a problem, but it would've been good if it did work. It's a cosmetic change, but these do add up to a more user-friendly based site which is a high priority for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis Diaz View Post
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out.
    I'm out of suggestions I'm afraid. :/
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread