+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listing Types / Forms

Listing Types / Forms

I thought if you build a category form, the sub-categories will automatically use the fields from the parent category?

Edit: I was trying to build from the edit listing types form instead of clicking to categories then build form

My Example: Fashion -> Men's Fashion -> Men's Clothing

Fashion = Listing Type
    Men's Fashion = Category
    Men's Clothing = Sub-category

I have built the form for Fashion, and none of the fields are set for men's fashion or men's clothing, why is that?

Does it not work from the listing type to the category level?
    Last edited by Brian Jester; August 7, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Following. I was thinking the same and have built the From only in the Main Category, for example, AMC represents all Makes & Models of cars & trucks. Also there are two more Forms to Build, A Listing Title & Featured Form. Brian Jester is it the same procedure with what you are using the script for ?.
    Last edited by J Koresh; August 8, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

I know this sounds odd, but I am going through the category forms (the listing forms) and I am noticing that some of the forms are blank in flynax admin panel. Why would that be, and do I have to re-build them if when I view them on the post ad page they exist? This is a bit frustrating because I remember building them for all categories, and some are now blank. Does that mean I have to re-build all the blanks ones over again, and why would that happen in the first place? Isn't it true if you have a blank form, and add fields to it, the website (post ad page) will then use the newly added fields and remove the old ones? This is precisely why I don't want to just add new fields on an empty form.

Now it decides to display: Only for the first category in the Employment Listing type, Apprentices. But not in the other employment categories, and I still haven't checked other listing types yet. I don't know if this is a bug or not.

The Community Listing type does NOT have this issue.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; August 8, 2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    I thought if you build a category form, the sub-categories will automatically use the fields from the parent category?

Edit: I was trying to build from the edit listing types form instead of clicking to categories then build form

My Example: Fashion -> Men's Fashion -> Men's Clothing

Fashion = Listing Type
    Men's Fashion = Category
    Men's Clothing = Sub-category

I have built the form for Fashion, and none of the fields are set for men's fashion or men's clothing, why is that?

Does it not work from the listing type to the category level?
    ? Brian you need to go into the listing type and select a category to be the master category for that listing type and then edit / adjust that category per se for example select Men's Fashion as the Primary Category / not sure if you have Fashion as Category ? if so you could use that but again you will need to set it as primary.

Primary Category > Selected Category Name Here < Build Profile Form of the category; the form will be inherited by all subcategories.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread