+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Domain Name Opinions

Domain Name Opinions

Hi all,

I have two domains for an auto listing site. I currently have usacarshopper.com up and running but haven't yet marketed it so I wouldn't lose much if it was changed.

I also have ecarshopper.com, usacarfinder.com and carmarkit.com.

Which name do you believe is the most marketable?
    • usacarshopper.com
    • usacarfinder.com
    • ecarshopper.com
    • carmarkit.com
    Thanks!

Jason

Guru
    A domain name probably must be easy for people to remember first, and if they ask you how to spell it or that causes confusion then it fails, so carmakit falls over for starts

the usa prefix ? and the ecar sort of also don't really work for me either ? you cant just get carshopper or carfinder.com or something like that ?

also to think about is why you are using a limited name ? and by that why are you using car ? and I say that because if you build a successful site selling your cars, with crap loads of buyers and sellers / marketing machine behind it, then you then need to build or have the ability to add motorbikes, transport vehicles, farm machinery and the list goes on, so while you might be starting with cars, maybe grab a bigger picture.

and a site does not need a key in the domain name to be successful and has nothing to do with how successful you will be.

look at > google > apple > Samsung > and you could name hundreds and thousands more just like it.

so maybe just a bit more time in the thought room before jumping in.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

I vote for usacarshopper.com if you only target usa market

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I opted to go with shoppacar.com.

+ Reply to Thread