+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there such a thing as

Is there such a thing as

Is there such a website or software that you can put your css code into and it will clean out the duplicate / redundant / invalid css code (aka fix css files) ? I have tried some websites online, but I am not talking about just making css easier to read or anything like that, I am talking about actually detecting bad css code, and fix or suggest ways to fix it? I am really getting tired of the css at this time, I am new to certain things, but its incredibly frustrating when everything just falls apart. I have tried going line by line in the style.css file, and by moving things around causes it not to work at all. I started over line by line in the css, (organizing for readability) and looking for problems along the way, and that made it even that much more frustrating.

For example:

If I put all the /*** UNIVERSAL GRID CLEANER ***/ styles together (one set after the other, not mixed together) the css will not work, I know this is inexperience with this on my level. I will have to get used to it, but is there something I can use in the linux terminal (or online) to fix up my css? I mean fix it, not just organize it. Yeah, it's that bad.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; June 14, 2019 at 01:38 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

It is so difficult because you could create dependencies. And if you remove or move some styles to another place you can break some parts on the site. Why do you think some CSS code is bad?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Too bad, I had a feeling it was going to be that way. I have noticed that some styles like grid layouts if moved out of position, even without changing anything else but their position in the css file, it may prevent the entire css to cease it's function.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    It is so difficult because you could create dependencies. And if you remove or move some styles to another place you can break some parts on the site. Why do you think some CSS code is bad?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread