+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geo Targeting - What's the right way for Classified sites Targeting Various Countires

Geo Targeting - What's the right way for Classified sites Targeting Various Countires

Hello Folks,

Since Geo Targeting is an integral Part of most Classified sites, so what would be the best practice to target Different Countries/cities. Is it good to mention different cities/ Countires in every page created for an SEO puposes. An Example woudl be for the Title Tag in two different countries as exampled below. My site will be running from U.S
    Can Google Webmaster Tool be used for this reason or the script itself has somekind of algorithm in place.

Title A : "Pre-owned PEUGEOT 404 For Sale in Manchester U.K"
    Title B : "Used Mercedes Benx S320 For Sale in Tampa Florida"

( While I check listings on Google of so many websites in U.S and abroad, I see mostly the Titles as

" Pre-owned PEUGEOT 404 For Sale
    " OR "Used Mercedes Benz S320 for Sale"
    In this case the website is operated from England but search engines showed it to me here in the U.S. Do they use some kind of geo plugin that does it? In both Titles there is no mention of Countries or Cities

Note: The reason I am asking is that someone has said that for Classified Sites, It is important to List the names of Countires and Cities in the Footer on Homepage. Names of countries can be done but to list the endless names of cities might get penalized by search engines. Am I correct?.
    One option I see is to List the names of Cities in every page I create. Would this cause problem?

Any idea / input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by J Koresh; June 10, 2019 at 09:27 PM.

Hello Rudi,
    Very detailed thread but frankly I am still confused and sorry in advance for my ignorance. I am setting up a new site by completing pages for SEO Purposes. In H1 , I specify a City as n example : "Used Mercedes Benz S320 in Tampa Florida".

Wanted to know if in the "Title Line", Mention of the City "Tampa FL" is necessary as well.
    If I make a Title " Used Mercedes Benz S320 For Sale" will Google Search Engine pull the ad in other countries/ cities based on an IP Address? . My Geo Location Settings are OK though and running the latest script 4.7.1

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Javed Qureshi View Post
    Hello Rudi,

If I make a Title " Used Mercedes Benz S320 For Sale" will Google Search Engine pull the ad in other countries/ cities based on an IP Address? . My Geo Location Settings are OK though and running the latest script 4.7.1
    actually google shows results based on your country and site rating i.e. sites located in your country go first

then if the ad of your competitor has a title 'Used Mercedes Benz S320 in Tampa Florida' the search engine will most likely put his result in the first place
    unlike yours which has no location data in meta title

such seo settings affect the rating

Guru
    Hello Javed, In regards adding the location to your title, you do not need do that per se on the page front, as you can add it in the meta title part of your category settings, (in meta title) this way giggle see's it but you site, is not covered with locations in your site titles.

I do not think it would hurt in any way to mention this in your meta title and or description as giggle will read this, as well in search it will also show to people searching the location.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you so much, Rudi & Pete Young. Your input sums it up very well. I just wanted to make sure I am on the right track.

Best Regards.

+ Reply to Thread