+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Help Hint Needed Here

Hybrid View

A Help Hint Needed Here

Hello,

I need a helpful hint here. On this page: https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...community.html in gallery view there are title and description fields (browse form for the category).

That I understand. But why is it that when I remove the description field from the browse form, I am stuck with the empty div (colored div).

If I remove this smarty code:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    from the listing.tpl I am without a description. All I would like to know on this is if this is a forms issue or template issue? I tried removing the description field from the browse form, which took out the description, but left me with the empty div, (so I know the browse form works) but I have also tried removing the css from the template, still not right. Is it that I am in the wrong template?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Tip > leave the flynax code original, and just edit your form builders. you really do not need to touch any code here to make all of that work.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Tip > leave the flynax code original, and just edit your form builders. you really do not need to touch any code here to make all of that work.
    Hello Pete,

Do you mean not to touch the css? I will try again with the forms.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Yes Brian to get all of those things to work has nothing to do with editing any code on flynax. once working if you wanted to change to look then yes you would edit the css, but as far as function goes, no.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

In the listing.tpl file doesn't exist code:
    Code:
    I think it is the custom added code.

I opened your listing.tpl file and found there code:

Code:
    You need to add a new condition:

Code:
    save and check again.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    In the listing.tpl file doesn't exist code:
    Code:
    I think it is the custom added code.

I opened your listing.tpl file and found there code:

Code:
    You need to add a new condition:

Code:
    save and check again.
    Thank you Viktor, although I am still working with the forms, I seen this result, and it did work, but I am still working on something else atm.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello,

Just noticed something that was interesting in the demo regarding my issue (I think)...Why is the description field outside of the common group in the flynax demo? (books category), another words, why isn't the description field inside the group? I understand what the group is, but WHY is it (description field) outside of the group is my question.

My problem is that when I put fields into groups, the common group looks messed up on the page.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; May 29, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Hello,

Just noticed something that was interesting in the demo regarding my issue (I think)...Why is the description field outside of the common group in the flynax demo? (books category), another words, why isn't the description field inside the group? I understand what the group is, but WHY is it (description field) outside of the group is my question.

My problem is that when I put fields into groups, the common group looks messed up on the page.
    Because Description is a big field with many texts. That's why we moved it outside the group. Also on some templates, 1-st common group shows in the same line with the photo gallery. For example General Flatty template.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Because Description is a big field with many texts. That's why we moved it outside the group. Also on some templates, 1-st common group shows in the same line with the photo gallery. For example General Flatty template.
    Viktor,

Thank you Viktor!
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Would you please show it on a screenshot. Because I don't understand what do you mean.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread