+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need A last cheat...

Need A last cheat...

Hello,

Ok, I have been studying up on the forms, Admin Panel -> Listing Types -> Edit Listing Type -> Build Listing Forms and this is what I have gathered, it's not everything, but almost...I would like to nip this one if you know what I mean. Note that these are the forms when I click the listing type (community) and then build listing form. These are not in the search form Admin Panel -> Search Forms

Listing Form Builder Affects admin area & Post Ad Page for selected category.
    Browse Form Builder - Affects listing page template ( page with list view / grid view / map View icons )
    Listing Title Builder - Not exactly sure yet. Other than the title of the listings, but not sure of all the pages this affects
    Featured Form Builder - Not exactly sure yet. But likely for featured listings??
    Sorting Form Builder - Not exactly sure yet. But likely for the pages with the ( list view, grid view & map views )??

If you can fill in on those that I am not sure of (even a tip would be great), that would be great help!

I am not giving up, just giving in a bit...
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    [QUOTE=Brian Jester;26242]

Let me have a crack at this for you Brian, First from your admin area it is faster and better to select the Browse option to get to your categories (where these forms are edited) second if possible assign one category as your master, that you when making changes you only have to edit one place, but this is not possible all of the time.

Select the category > build category > you should auto open on the list form builder.

List Form - Edit > Post your Ad Page ( only affects admin in that you can view somebody's post from admin but has nothing to do with admin so forget that part this is 100% what options you have when adding a post and how the outcome is viewed. [title] [description] [location] [plus any other listing fields required to add the listing that you want]

Similar Listings Form > Can affect how you display similar listing option in your view details page, for example, you could add country and get similar listing just for that chosen ads country etc. [country]

Title Form > generates the title as seen in your view details page and short form pages generally this has just one option being title. [title]

Browse Form > is shown on things like home pages, category pages etc through out the site and is meant to be a mini version of the view details page for better words and usually would just contain [title] [description]

Featured Form > works exactly the same way as the browse form and is generally loaded exactly the same way, but you could add some extra listing fields to it, the show in exactly the sam places as the browse form but as mentioned may have something different added because its a featured listing [title] [description] [optional extras]

Sort Form > you can things here that will be added to the available sort options as found in your category pages (at the top) in general I leave this blank but you could add from the avail list fields if you wanted to.

I am not giving up, just giving in a bit...
    you have made it this far and your almost ready to rock n roll.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 29, 2019 at 02:17 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

[QUOTE=Pete Young;26246]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post

Let me have a crack at this for you Brian, First from your admin area it is faster and better to select the Browse option to get to your categories (where these forms are edited) second if possible assign one category as your master, that you when making changes you only have to edit one place, but this is not possible all of the time.

Select the category > build category > you should auto open on the list form builder.

Understood. Thank you I will use the above method you described to access the form builder from this point forward.

List Form - Edit > Post your Ad Page ( only affects admin in that you can view somebody's post from admin but has nothing to do with admin so forget that part this is 100% what options you have when adding a post and how the outcome is viewed. [title] [description] [location] [plus any other listing fields required to add the listing that you want]

I am not quite understanding your List Form description...The Flynax Demo uses the listing form builder for quite a lot of fields, now I understand that is to demonstrate the functionality, but it seems that the Listing Form is quite important, example: if you leave it (listing form) empty or without many fields, your entire website will be quite limited, at least in the sense of functionality.

Similar Listings Form > Can affect how you display similar listing option in your view details page, for example, you could add country and get similar listing just for that chosen ads country etc. [country]

Sounds simple enough.

Title Form > generates the title as seen in your view details page and short form pages generally this has just one option being title. [title]

Again, simple enough.

Browse Form > is shown on things like home pages, category pages etc through out the site and is meant to be a mini version of the view details page for better words and usually would just contain [title] [description]

Ok, I get it.

Featured Form > works exactly the same way as the browse form and is generally loaded exactly the same way, but you could add some extra listing fields to it, the show in exactly the sam places as the browse form but as mentioned may have something different added because its a featured listing [title] [description] [optional extras]

Ok I get it.

Sort Form > you can things here that will be added to the available sort options as found in your category pages (at the top) in general I leave this blank but you could add from the avail list fields if you wanted to.

you have made it this far and your almost ready to rock n roll.
    Overall, this information was helpful to me, but...One thing I would like to know after reading all this is (and I know scripts like everything else in life aren't perfect) but why is there both a sorting form and browse form (knowing that these two form actually are for the same page) maybe that the fields supported are different for each of them. Are other forms like this as well?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    [QUOTE=Brian Jester;26255]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post

Overall, this information was helpful to me, but...One thing I would like to know after reading all this is (and I know scripts like everything else in life aren't perfect) but why is there both a sorting form and browse form (knowing that these two form actually are for the same page) maybe that the fields supported are different for each of them. Are other forms like this as well?
    2 different things Brian
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

[QUOTE=Pete Young;26264]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    2 different things Brian
    I *think* I have found out the difference, but still checking. In any case, I know I must have something wrong in the template or at least I know it has nothing to do with the forms. Why is the description on this page: https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...community.html (You need to be on list view NOT gallery view) Screenshot:

Now what is wrong with it you might ask, other than the css? If you look closely at the top, the title is Feeling Confident, (note the comma) why is the comma there? I don't use a comma in the title. I don't know if that is an issue, but I am not using a comma in the title. I know that comma doesn't seem like much, but the problem I am having seems to change all the time with the forms. I just can't seem to grasp the forms...YET.

I am not talking about the description in the image (how it overflows), I am talking about putting the description field in the listing title form will add it to the sort by area above, but also will add to the admin area like:

Screenshot in admin, why is the description on top in the admin? If I put the description field in the listing type form, this will happen.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Jester; May 29, 2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread