+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low res old computer screen css?

low res old computer screen css?

Dear Flynax dev,

So I recently got a few complain report that my flynax site style is out of places. Like weird font color, large text gap, etc. And I was surprised. It looks ok on my end so I ask them for screenshot. Look like they use old computer monitor 1024x768 or something. But even so when I test on my desktop screen simulator it still looks good.

Weird, is Flynax Site use different css for low res old desktop monitor?

Hello,

We need some example of how it looks and what screen resolution is used

I cant reproduce the problem with my computer, I tried to shrink the browser and even use online screen simulator http://mobiletest.me/ it looks OK. I will look for an older computer to test and report to you. Thank you

Further investigation, they mentioned that they used Windows, and I use Mac, it seems windows show different web layout ((

Guru
    If people are using Microsoft browsers / edge etc you get a different output to chrome especially with non web safe colours etc as they often do not work out properly, I run and check on both browsers to make sure both are looking ok.

Microsoft edge is sort of ok but older versions of Microsoft browsers are probably part to blame if they still exist.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hi Pete and Rudi,

I have bootcamp and I tried installing windows 10 on my macbook retina and try on edge, chrome, browser on it and it runs OK. I narrow down my clue to dpi, it might sound crazy but with low dpi screen. I got different output on my website.

- Different text color
    - Big margin cap
    - Different Footer Background color

By different I meant default nova setting, I got black text color (already changed to white on my screen with css), and gray footer background color (already changed to black). ((((

OK may be this is the clue,

I never fond of touching the original style,css, so I made an xstyle.css instead and make that file higher priority. I think for some of the element, the old dpi website just ignore my change on xstyle.css and use the default setting on style.css

+ Reply to Thread