+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Multi filter Geo - Some questions please.

Guru

New Multi filter Geo - Some questions please.

Meta data
    We have also added the ability to add listing data location to Meta data of the page. Furthermore, you may use variables with location levels, such as {location_level_1}, {location_level_2}, {location_level_3} and those variables will be replaced with appropriate location titles. You may read more on how the variables work and see a sample variable on our plugin description page.
    am I dreaming ? but was this not already available or is this something new ?

Canonical tags
    When search engines crawl multiple URLs with identical content, you may face SEO issues. To solve them, we have added canonicals to pages generated by location. A canonical tag is helping the search engine see the difference between a copy with a location URL and an original page. With canonical tags in pages, you may rest assured that duplicate pages will not appear on multiple URLs. In other words, the canonical tags will signal the search engines which version of the URL you wish to appear in search results.
    All the enhancements combined present a sure way of enhancing SEO properties of your website. New configuration options, if managed wisely, will help search engines better index your website and your content.

I would rather ask a silly question and get my site right than not ask and get my site wrong. So as I understand this and as an example let say I want to list for sale purple fidgets, and I want to sell these purple fidgets in 3 separate countries, the states, the uk and Canada for example.

the way it stands I would need to run 3 separate ads / 1 for each country ? correct ? so if so and we done that are we now saying those 3 ads will not look the same to giggle and will be treated in their own right as separate identities ? and as a result giggle will give us that lovin feelin ? or am I on the wrong train to nowhere fast.?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    ? any takers ?

All good had some help and have it sorted thanks.
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 22, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hello,

What is exactly confusing you ?

Location tags are available in meta info on pages and categories

Canonical links are added on pages with geo filter applied to urls i.e. links with original url

Guru
    All good had it sorted, not confused as much as clarification. your blog stated that location meta tags were new ? but there were avail before so was wondering what part of that was new if any ? appears nothing new there, and canonical all sorted there as well, as I was unsure where / how that was being applied, you explanation helps further , thank you.

The new here is that the logic of adding locations to meta info + canonical links have been completely reworked as it functioned incorrectly/partly

also now to filter some page you should enable it via Basic Settings > Geo Filter > Filtering Listings/Accounts on Pages

and some other additions...

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    The new here is that the logic of adding locations to meta info + canonical links have been completely reworked as it functioned incorrectly/partly
    also now to filter some page you should enable it via Basic Settings > Geo Filter > Filtering Listings/Accounts on Pages
    and some other additions...
    ok thank you for the clarity, it looks good and look forward to using it.

+ Reply to Thread