I did not know whether to place this in templates or here but it is directly related to upgrades so I have chosen here.

I would like some clarification / understanding of upgrading our sites to the latest version, and my questions are related to recently applying to have my site upgraded and with that there seems to be no black and white answers from flynax, not because of any wrong doing but rather because I am not sure if this has been addressed, so if possible can we / I get some clear answers to these questions please.

In my process of updating to 4.7.1 from 4.7.0 I was told that in better words that I also needed to pay extra to upgrade my template to 4.7.1

Yes, it will cost 60 by default but you have template with custom css. But I can make updating for 60USD if you agree to use template with default css.
Now my understanding of a template is that it is evergreen and that a template rolls around regardless of any version updates, but now according to the information I am getting this is no longer the case, and it would appear that not only do we have a update of the script we also have an update of the template ?

No where at any point in the flynax communication is or has this been mentioned. That in itself would cause problems and upset customers who upgrade to 4.7.1 and believe their template and the work they have done to it will be fine, only to find no it is not.

This then opens the question of if templates are also being upgraded to new version numbers why is there not a patch for that / and or a change log for the template so that we can update our templates to the new version and save countless hours of work and a seamless transition for the visitors to the site.

As it stands if there is a template upgrade with every script version upgrade you would nearly need to have your site go back to the standard template, confusing visitors to your site and just duplicating time to rebuild the template again.

Or am I just dreaming and the template does not need to be upgraded ? and if so why are we being told different ? Can we get some black and white clarification on this please from flynax. Regards Pete