+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social Poster FB Permissions

Social Poster FB Permissions

Hi,

I need help with the Social Poster plugin & Facebook. I need the car ads to go to my FB group page and FB now requires screencasts of how the 'publish_to_groups' and 'groups_access_member_info' permissions are used. They won't let me submit the app for review without these. They also want detailed use-cases and step-by-step instructions on how to access the app.

Would someone please share what you wrote in this section, and be kind enough to share a screencast of the plugin in action?

I can't make the screencast because the app isn't authorized yet.

Thanks in advance!

-Jason

Also, on a related note: Twitter throws an error (Query parameters are not allowed.) when inserting my Callback URL (https://www.xxx.com/admin/index.php?...er=auto_poster)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello Jason Barbou,

Regarding Twitter.

You don't need to configure callback URL anymore. You can leave empty a 'Callback URL' field of your Twitter application.

Regarding Facebook.

You don't need to authorize your app to make a screencast. Sending screencast is needed only at the final step of the plugin testing process. Facebook switching your application status from 'Developing' to 'Public' after making sure that all asking permissions are using correctly, but until this, a plugin can send listings to your Facebook group. All Posts will be just hidden from all users, but not from you. So, after configuring AutoPoster plugin and making sure that you see all newly posted listings on your Facebook page, you can start the Facebook Submissions process.

Please open page number 12 of the Facebook configuration guide and you will see what you should write under each asking permission. In this page, you can also see what exactly you should show in your screencast video.

Guide link: https://www.flynax.com/files/manuals...etup-guide.pdf

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Barbour View Post
    Hi,

I need help with the Social Poster plugin & Facebook. I need the car ads to go to my FB group page and FB now requires screencasts of how the 'publish_to_groups' and 'groups_access_member_info' permissions are used. They won't let me submit the app for review without these. They also want detailed use-cases and step-by-step instructions on how to access the app.

Would someone please share what you wrote in this section, and be kind enough to share a screencast of the plugin in action?

I can't make the screencast because the app isn't authorized yet.

Thanks in advance!

-Jason
    Hi Jason,
    Was you able to find a solution?

Hi Skorpion, I use WordPress to post to social networks. I import the listings vis RSS and it auto posts to the networks. I use the Social Network Auto Post plugin

Master
    Thank you Jason.

+ Reply to Thread