+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Language Issue...

Language Issue...

Hello,

I would like to ask what would be the best way to fix translation issues. What I mean in particular is for example, when a translated word is too large for a menu, what are the preferred options to fix them? I am looking for the simplest way to fix words from another language (not English, just the other languages) to fit into my layout.

The way I am currently thinking of is to look for the longest words, and try to find a similar word in the translated language that are shorter and use that, but I would prefer to use the shorter word just for that language (not apply that idea for languages that fit ok in the navbar).

I will give this example, for Russian language, the word Welcome is too big for where it is on my navigation menu, so I would like to use the word Hello instead, but use it for the Russian language only. I think there is a better way to work all this out, but I will take advice where I can find it.

Edit: Also, I thought page translation was done automatically? Meaning after you add a page, click edit, copy the phrase to other languages (Name of the page and title), but they don't translate, I thought this translated in a previous version of Flynax, no?

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; March 17, 2019 at 06:30 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread