+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with $isLogin...

Help with $isLogin...

Hello,

Update: After looking at the register page again, there is no first and last name - Only a username. But my login form (after changing my user account) requires to use first and last name, and both first name and last name is just too long. How can I adjust it.

I would like to know if it is possible to limit the $isLogin to just the first name (username)? As it currently stands, the isLogin is using both first AND last names.

Reason for this, I have created the login form on my site which uses the $isLogin and I realized that it taking too much space in my menu because the username is too long. So I went into ap -> user accounts, and updated my user profile for Administrator, I had to enter both first and last name, and after that I logged in, and my menu is displaying both first and last names using the $isLogin code.

I would like to only show the first name in the menu, so it would in fact only show Welcome { $isLogin-first-name } if that makes sense. Is there away to adjust so that it will work that way? Or another option I was thinking is: Could I make the last name NOT required upon registering, or even better, could the username that is displayed in my login form (Welcome Visitor part - BUT for logged in users) be limited to 9 characters?

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; March 13, 2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    cant you just uncheck / inactive last name from the sign in option ? and rename first name to just name ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    cant you just uncheck / inactive last name from the sign in option ? and rename first name to just name ?
    Ah, that's what I was looking for! But, I would have preferred if I could allow both first and last names during registering, but only use the first name in the {isLogin} part of the login form so that when the user is logged in, the greeting will only use their first name, but if that's not possible, no problem.

Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread