Thread: Help with $isLogin...

Threaded View

Help with $isLogin...

Hello,

Update: After looking at the register page again, there is no first and last name - Only a username. But my login form (after changing my user account) requires to use first and last name, and both first name and last name is just too long. How can I adjust it.

I would like to know if it is possible to limit the $isLogin to just the first name (username)? As it currently stands, the isLogin is using both first AND last names.

Reason for this, I have created the login form on my site which uses the $isLogin and I realized that it taking too much space in my menu because the username is too long. So I went into ap -> user accounts, and updated my user profile for Administrator, I had to enter both first and last name, and after that I logged in, and my menu is displaying both first and last names using the $isLogin code.

I would like to only show the first name in the menu, so it would in fact only show Welcome { $isLogin-first-name } if that makes sense. Is there away to adjust so that it will work that way? Or another option I was thinking is: Could I make the last name NOT required upon registering, or even better, could the username that is displayed in my login form (Welcome Visitor part - BUT for logged in users) be limited to 9 characters?

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; March 13, 2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian