+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google and Yahoo Sitemaps

Hi Rudi..

I have created Ticket...

Ticket ID: XES-825504

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello Ramu,

What difficulties you experience with the plugin ?

actually, its last update was in Oct 05, 2018

the first string to replace from guide doesn't exist anymore in .htaccess file

so you should add only new rules at the bottom of .htaccess

you'd better create a ticket if you still have problems
    1. So Flynax not updated Guide in the flynax website correct?

2. Second I found .htaccess in ftp two places which one I need update?

3. Third Dont say "add only new rules at the bottom of .htaccess" tell me after which line I need to add new rules.

4. Finally tell me after adding this new rules . Do I need to any changes through Admin panel ?

Please explain all theses pints so it may help for other users who dont understand like me

Rudi...???

Hello Ramu,

Exist 1 general .htaccess file on ftp where located all Flynax folders and index.php file. See my screenshot: https://prnt.sc/my8iho

3. Third Dont say "add only new rules at the bottom of .htaccess" tell me after which line I need to add new rules.
    You need to open this file and scroll down in the end of the file and add a new lines below. I think it is easy.
    Also if you use the last version of the plugin: 3.0.1 no need to add any new lines into the .htaccess file.

4. Finally tell me after adding this new rules . Do I need to any changes through Admin panel ?
    When I installed the plugin I got this message: https://prnt.sc/my8m0s
    I hope it will help you.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Thank You very much..this is what I expected...Now I'm clear.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    I think that guide is old and outdated? and never been updated by flynax, I do not think you need do anything ? you may need to check with flynax ? from memory there are different options in the output as well ? and there are instructions I think for it somewhere ?
    actually, its last update was in Oct 05, 2018
    the first string to replace from guide doesn't exist anymore in .htaccess file
    so you should add only new rules at the bottom of .htaccess
    Also if you use the last version of the plugin: 3.0.1 no need to add any new lines into the .htaccess file.
    Not blaming anyone but surely this highlights a problem with updates and how they are handled ? you have the guide completely outdated in its instructions, you have then 2 different versions on what to do depending on the version number.

Common sense says to have the instructions updated to contain this information, as stated this was updated in oct 18 but instructions were not updated with it, causing confusion amongst users.
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 20, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Not blaming anyone but surely this highlights a problem with updates and how they are handled ? you have the guide completely outdated in its instructions, you have then 2 different versions on what to do depending on the version number.

Common sense says to have the instructions updated to contain this information, as stated this was updated in oct 18 but instructions were not updated with it, causing confusion amongst users.
    yes , You're right instructions not updated it must be update to avoid confusion.

+ Reply to Thread