+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugs in all upgrade patches

Bugs in all upgrade patches

I upgraded from 4.5.2 to 4.7.1 following flynax instructions, basically copying new files over old.
    After upgrade my site reports plenty of errors.
    Since Flynax team did not help resolv those, I started checking myself and found punctuation bugs coming with new files.

1. This was during upgrade from 4.6.2 to 4.7.0
    Some files were missing and were not in 4.7.0. I found them in package 4.7.1
    It's in folder /vendor

2. This had missing quotes
    var rlAccountInfo = new Array();
    rlAccountInfo['ID'] = {if $account_info}{$account_info.ID}{else}null{/if};

After making it

var rlAccountInfo = new Array();
    rlAccountInfo['ID'] = '{if $account_info}{$account_info.ID}{else}null{/if}';

bug disappeared.

3. In system.lib.js there are some functions defined, but script does not reach them, because code is broken at line
    this.isURL = function(str){
    return /^(https?):\/\/((?:[a-z0-9.-]|%[0-9A-F]{2}){3,})(?:\d+))?((?:\/(?:[a-z0-9-._~!$&'()*+,;=:@]|%[0-9A-F]{2})*)*)(?:\?((?:[a-z0-9-._~!$&'()*+,;=:\/?@]|%[0-9A-F]{2})*))?(?:#(
    }

I have not debugged it yet, just commented it out, so now at least rest of the file is readable by the script.

My site reports few more errors. I have turned to Flynax support, but they are blackmailing me to pay paid support.
    I think this is inappropriate, because these are bugs of the base code and should be looked and fixed free of charge.
    The very basic idea of licensed software is to have bug fix coverage of the base code. Otherwise I may end paying undetermined period of support for fixing undetermined amount of bugs. Hence, it will bring a situation of unclear cost of script, which contradicts the idea of license.
    I could easily use Wordpress and pay for fixing bugs to developer as alternative, but thats is not the idea. Is it?

Thumbs up missing quotes

I think this is better. Bugs due to Punctuation.
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

+ Reply to Thread