+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's this page called?

What's this page called?

Hello,

I want to make a change to a template but I first need to know which one it is, so I am going to explain it.

It's the page after you click a listing type and have selected a location. Can someone name it for me?

Reason, it's bugging me because it's the page that has the categories for that listing type, but no bread crumb navigation menu on it. If someone goes to that page and then decides they want to change to a different listing type, how can they do so...Not so professional to click the logo to go back, so I wanted to do this on that page:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    But I need to know the correct page to add it to.

Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    You can use a content box / html option and add the word Home to the box and the add the url to it, and place at the top of the page, this will then look and act like the bread crumb ie

Home

Home / Listing type
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 7, 2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    You can use a content box / html option and add the word Home to the box and the add the url to it, and place at the top of the page, this will then look and act like the bread crumb ie

Home

Home / Listing type
    Hello Pete,

I am not quite sure I fully understand that option, (I haven't tried yet), but
    what if the page is from one of the templates and not a new page as I
    believe your suggesting I do?

Like for example, say the page I want to add the bread crumb to
    is content.tpl how would I do that? Or do you mean I should create a new
    content box, add Home / Listing Type to the page and also put include to the page (content.tpl).

Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Hello Brian, I need to go out now but will do a video for you if you need it, but basicly you just build a fake breadcrumb and add it to the listing type page and nothing to do with changing any code.

1. go to content boxes and create a new box. = html box. In that html box write the word Home and attach the home url to it. assign that content box to your listing type page, which will be in the pages section and select to show it at the top.

Now when you go to the listing type page, which was empty before / no breadcrumb you now see the word and link Home, step one of the bread crumb looking something like

Home the fake breadcrumb only on the list type page

now when a category is selected you will see this

Home / Category which is the real breadcrumb

NB you would customise the fake breadcrumb font and size etc to match the real breadcrumb text etc.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread