+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to remove the contact owner button in listings page?

Guru

how to remove the contact owner button in listings page?

how would one block out the code that shows the contact owner button ? please

remove contact owner.jpg
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 20, 2021 at 01:05 PM.

Guru
    anyone ? ...
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 20, 2021 at 01:06 PM.

Hi Pete,

Would you use css code display: none; to hide the button? Do you want to still show the form above and just hide the button? It doesn't make sense to me.

Guru
    yes I would like to just hide the button but use the form that is correct, where would I add display none ? in code ?

Hi Pete you can try add this code to style.css :

div.row.seller-short div.submit-cell.buttons {
    display: none;
    }

But if you have the form above and no submit button how do people use the form and send to seller?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    But if you have the form above and no submit button how do people use the form and send to seller?
    I will try that thank you Wei, as to your question, the best way to answer that is that I am taking flynax in a whole new direction, that probably has never been done before, call it an adventure I suppose and that I will be the only one adding posts to the site. I still want the user to have a description / about us of sorts but there will be no need for anybody to contact them.

I see. You can remove the form too and any information if you want so I won't confuse user when they see the form but not seeing how to submit it. There is a seller tpl file in tpl/block that show seller info in listing detail page that you can make change.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi Pete you can try add this code to style.css :

div.row.seller-short div.submit-cell.buttons {
    display: none;
    }

did not work ? thank you anyway will keep at it. if I knew where to find that \/ line of code I could sort it but alas no love yet

<a class="button wide contact-seller" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Contact Agency">Contact Agency</a>
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 16, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thats weird, it should work. Or you can try adding hidden class in the code you found like this
    <a class="button wide contact-seller hidden" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Contact Agency">Contact Agency</a>
    If its still not work, send me your url. It's not hard to hide the button in my case

It is in templates/your_templae_name/tpl/blocks//contact_seller_form.tpl and find
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

+ Reply to Thread