+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social Network Plugin and auto assigning to account type

Social Network Plugin and auto assigning to account type

I'm confused on how to best use the Social Network Login plugin, because we're forced to assign which account type the user will be automatically assigned to when they use the social login.

For example, I have a real estate site with the account types "Owner" and "Realtor", because I offer special packages available only to Realtors. If I set the default for the Social Network Login to "Owner" and the person is a Realtor, they won't see their appropriate price plans. If I set the default to "Realtor", then homeowners will see the special packages for Realtors.

Until now, I haven't been using the plugin, but I would like to.

Am I missing something here? How are you all using this plugin if you have different account types with different price plans?

Thank you,
    Ron
    Last edited by QuickRon; January 29, 2019 at 08:22 PM.

Okay. I think I did, in fact, miss something. I'm looking at the screenshots for the plugin ... and it does look like the visitor can select the account type when registering using the Social Network Login.

Can someone confirm this?

Thank you
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRon View Post
    and it does look like the visitor can select the account type when registering using the Social Network Login.

Can someone confirm this?

Ron
    Hello,

Yes, it's possible

make sure that the option Offer the account type to visitors on the Post an Ad page for quick sign-up is enabled for your account types:

User Accounts > Accounts Types > account type > Edit > Options

Excellent.
    Thanks, Rudi!

+ Reply to Thread