+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Version 4.1 - Which files will be updated and will it effect what?

Lightbulb Version 4.1 - Which files will be updated and will it effect what?

Looking forward to get rid of some bugs with the new version, but in the same time I have to ask: which files are affected and will it have any impact on, let's say, modifications made? It would be very nice to have some clue so we will have the time to make a plan how to save mods, eventually insert them again.
    Will the new version affect plug-ins with data as payment gates, FB codes etc.?
    I'll hope you guy's keep a record of all sites that you have made fixes on or else this forum will flood

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Or you can just compare the files that are updated with the files you have now and look what have changed.

Thats how i do it.

But i have a question also that also involving updating the site and stuff.
    I have another website that are closed for public. Can i use the flynax script on that to update and upgrade the script before upgrade the real site ? I like to work on my server instead of working on my localmachine.

Or Flynax can provide you with the names of the files that are updated? If not, well you have a busy weekend in front of you with notepad++. Peter, I have sent you a message regarding your "Sikte" in your site, the block headings, and I was wondering how you made those?

Hi @ all,

there is a cool free software for comparing folder and files of a script. Google after "winmerge". With this software you can compare the folders and files of 4.0.1 with 4.1 and it shows you which files and folders are new, which are different and where the changes were made. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Cammie

Thanks Cammie,
    Myself, I prefer Notepad++ as it also can spot syntax errors in the most common languages. That was not really the purpose of posting. Sure we all can sit and compare files after files to see if something is changed or not, but in my opinion, it takes a lot of time and I'm sure many of us are not that kind of hacker, or are we, that could do such things and if you spot something that has been changed, you need to be able to see if that has any impact or affect the file, which could have been modified, so in my mind it would be better to get a list of affected files.
    Then you know that, for example, you need to get your Google code out from the footer.tpl file to insert it into the new one.
    Of course you can make a back-up of your site, fingers crossed, and compare or whatever later, after testing the new version.

//Morgan

to respond to your questions, flynax will not provide a list of modified files. i have asked that already and received a response from Viktor - http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...sion-of-Flynax
    and for those who say about winmerge or other compare tool, sure, we can compare each file but don't you think that would be a lot easyer to compare just 10-30 files instead of all the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    to respond to your questions, flynax will not provide a list of modified files. i have asked that already and received a response from Viktor - http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...sion-of-Flynax
    and for those who say about winmerge or other compare tool, sure, we can compare each file but don't you think that would be a lot easyer to compare just 10-30 files instead of all the files?
    Winmerge compares the files automatically and within seconds and than shows you the different files. I don`t understand why it should be difficult... ;-)

+ Reply to Thread