+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to copy a category in one category...

How to copy a category in one category...

Hello,

Is there a way to copy one category into another? Or do I have to use the category imp/exp plugin to import them into additional categories? I think I already know but

Ex: I have in my employment category, part-time, full-time etc..And inside those categories, I will have one more level of (sub) categories, I want to copy the (sub) categories in the part-time to full-time categories.

Since I have already added the part-time categories, I am going to just install the category import/export plugin so I can export the ones I have added then change the category from part-time to full-time etc..That makes total sense, so I will do that and see what happens.

Update: There was only one hiccup, that was that I already had the category added, and when I imported, it re-created it. I will just delete the additional category (sub-categories were also in there), but everything worked as expected.

Thank you
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; January 25, 2019 at 12:30 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Brian, have you thought about renaming your part time category just to employment, then using a listing field option to add

Part Time
    Full Time
    Casual

etc.

you only have one set of categories that can be adapted to all needs.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 25, 2019 at 09:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread