+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right click, then click on "View Page Info" Can I hide some of this Info?

Right click, then click on "View Page Info" Can I hide some of this Info?

When you right click on home page(any page really), You can click on "View Page Info" and you can see all your metadata you have entered. Is there any way of hiding some of this like the meta data keywords without hurting search engines that index your page?

Also, where do I remove the "Flynax Classifieds Software" that appears on the "View Page Info" next to generator...Which file would I need to locate, to change it?

Cheers

Guru
    Please go to ftp:templates>>your_template>>tpl>>head.tpl find
    and change in header at line ~ 8:
    Code:
    <meta name="generator" content="Flynax Classifieds Software" />
    ------
    meta data keywords can be removed by editing the page in question and deleting any data in keywords, these by default should be blank anyway ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Please go to ftp:templates>>your_template>>tpl>>head.tpl find
    and change in header at line ~ 8:
    Code:
    <meta name="generator" content="Flynax Classifieds Software" />
    ------
    meta data keywords can be removed by editing the page in question and deleting any data in keywords, these by default should be blank anyway ?.
    Thanks Pete, All changed with the generator.

But with the meta tags, I guess I meant can I hide them when somebody views my page info? I have seen this on a couple of sites where there description is shown, but I cant see their meta tags..Just wondering how they managed to do that. This is not a big deal, but thought it was not a bad idea !

Any way cheers Pete for the help...

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Thanks Pete, All changed with the generator.

But with the meta tags, I guess I meant can I hide them when somebody views my page info? I have seen this on a couple of sites where there description is shown, but I cant see their meta tags..Just wondering how they managed to do that. This is not a big deal, but thought it was not a bad idea !

Any way cheers Pete for the help...
    ? ok, well for the best part nobody uses meta keywords any more, as for the meta description, I have never heard of it being able to be hidden before ? anyway even it did / was, it would take about 2 seconds to find out what it was, so not sure as to the point of hiding it ? maybe to try and fool some people? not sure.

+ Reply to Thread