+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to edit search blocks

Guru
    So let me ask real clear in what way is the option "Search for Listing Type" created in content boxes ? if you say its working well / how are you getting that option to appear in content boxes please.
    Would really like an answer to this simple question please, as I don't want send my site live then find I have to pull it apart to fix this, if as you say there are no errors then it should be as simple as

step 1 do this, step 2 do that, your done ? thank you

Create a ticket

Guru
    ok ? not sure why but will do. thank you

Guru
    It would appear after extensive efforts to try to get this one question answered
    " what are the steps needed to be taken to have the option "search for (listing type) appear in content boxes "
    answered, that to date I have received every answer to every question I did not ask, but still do not have the answer to this question, either flynax do not know the answer themselves, or do not want to tell anyone.

I have exhausted all ways to ask that question and on every occasion had a reply for everything but the answer that question and I give up. Now I just need to get my site fixed, where they experimented.

Good luck to anyone who can answer that question. because flynax can't.

Edit: OK, I have found the answer to this question, it is staring me in the face, either they have changed the way this page has been named or they have changed the name after it has been generated.

in flynax the page shows as
    "search for (listing type)"
    as in the pages name. what happens now is the page is not generated under that name, it is generated under the name of
    "(listing type) search"
    , or back to front as to what currently exists in the flynax scripts as you get from them now, so while you are looking for one thing, it is there but hiding under a different name, so as above they have changed the way that page is generated / named or they have edited those names in their script / demo sites and sites they set up for you on purchase.

So instead of looking for, "Search For Houston" you need to look for "Houston Search".
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 29, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hello, Pete Young!
    Can you help me? I cannot figure out the search forms. Tech support is silent, I can’t find it on the forum either. How to create and use search forms? I create my search form, how then to place it on the site? Only Quick Search works now. Only by making changes to it, I see changes on the site.
    search.jpg

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Vlasov View Post
    Hello, Pete Young!
    Can you help me? I cannot figure out the search forms. Tech support is silent, I can’t find it on the forum either. How to create and use search forms? I create my search form, how then to place it on the site? Only Quick Search works now. Only by making changes to it, I see changes on the site.
    Attachment 3377
    Andrey, If you go to the flynax site, there is a section for guides and one of those is for search from memory, have you tried that as a start, my problem as above was a new name in change of versions as described above.

Still have dramas after that just yell out. plenty of people here to help.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Andrey, If you go to the flynax site, there is a section for guides and one of those is for search from memory, have you tried that as a start, my problem as above was a new name in change of versions as described above.

Still have dramas after that just yell out. plenty of people here to help.
    Something I can’t find a link to the description of the search system ... Can you give it?

Guru
    Something I can’t find a link to the description of the search system ... Can you give it?
    https://www.flynax.com/files/manuals...ds-Concept.pdf < the search section is located inside the main guide > try that and see how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    https://www.flynax.com/files/manuals...ds-Concept.pdf < the search section is located inside the main guide > try that and see how you go.
    Thank. But I still can’t figure out how the custom forms work in the search and how to apply it ...

Guru
    Thank. But I still can’t figure out how the custom forms work in the search and how to apply it ...
    submit a ticket and ask flynax for the instructions ? I have never set up a custom search from memory ?

+ Reply to Thread