+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to edit search blocks

Guru

Unable to edit search blocks

I have added a category search block but I am unable to edit the options of display site design and box heading. I can see in demos and related sites that box is created called

Search For (Account Type) but for some reason, I am unable to get this box to show, no matter what settings I have selected ?

Is this another error or do I have my settings wrong ? If you know what settings need to be in place to show these settings could you please advise or if this should be auto generated than place a ticket ?

Thanks

EDIT https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqVDQY3oG6

I have added a video in short when an account type is made there seems to be box called "Search For Account Type" generated that allows you to edit a search box, for some reason I am unable to understand how this box is formed, should it be made by default when a listing type is made or how do we turn it in to allow editing of the box as mine is missing.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 16, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

Hello,

This box is used for all category search forms of one listing type

Guru
    ok, just I don't have it, and because of that I cant edit anything, how is it generated ? or how does one activate it please?

it should be created automatically when you enable "Search form on the Listings page" option for your listing type

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    it should be created automatically when you enable "Search form on the Listings page" option for your listing type
    yes doing that and getting no love, but I will try one more time.

Tested and definitely not working, your are talking about checking (YES) to

(YES) Search form on Listing Type Page / in Listing type form.

Just tested flynax demos and same error exists in your sites.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 18, 2019 at 08:30 AM.

Guru
    Any update on a patch for this bug please guys ? everybody with 4.7.0 will have the problem.

It's not clear how to reproduce your problem

Guru
    ? ok well, when you make a list type this box does not develop, it is missing, because it is missing we can not edit the boxes, not sure what more to say?

take any script and create a listing type and tell me if you can create a "Search For List Type" in content boxes ? you said as long as we had
    that we would get it to work. well it simply does not work ?

I can do videos of creating an list type with no results if that helps ? other than what you say should happen does not.

Pete

ask someone else if this issue exists because on my end i can't reproduce it
    it works well

note that category search forms are displayed on category page

for listing type page you should build quick search form (system)

Guru
    this error is in every flynax demo ? not making any sense to me ? you said to do this ? and nothing works.

So let me ask real clear in what way is the option "Search for Listing Type" created in content boxes ? if you say its working well / how are you getting that option to appear in content boxes please.

\/ these options here > https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqV3iC30yf

please show me how these are created, I am unable regardless of any effort to get them to appear after following your advice. maybe im getting old.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 22, 2019 at 07:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread