+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stats Content Box Modification...

Stats Content Box Modification...

Hello,

Is it possible to limit the data in the Statistics content box?

I want to put the stats at the bottom of each of the Listing Type pages, but I would like to display only the stats for that listing type only. Ex: For Sale Listing type page would only display for sale stats. Is this possible?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    From memory the stats plugin is a waste of time anyway, its only accurate once every 24 hours from memory, it may have changed / been fixed not sure, test it and see.

https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ght=statistics
    Last edited by Pete Young; December 30, 2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    From memory the stats plugin is a waste of time anyway, its only accurate once every 24 hours from memory, it may have changed / been fixed not sure, test it and see.

https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ght=statistics
    Pete,

I am not sure about the plugin, ( https://www.flynax.com/plugins/online-stats.html ) but I am referring to the statistics content box. Sorry if these two are one and the same as I never did install the stats plugin and not sure if these are in fact the same. Also, sorry for not being clear in my message.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    yes I think it comes pre populated, your call if you want to use it.

yes I think it comes pre populated, your call if you want to use it.
    Pete,
    My question was can the content box be modified in such a way that I could limit the data to just one listing type? My reason for this is so I can put the stats for just one listing type at the bottom of each of the listing type pages. I am betting that I will have to have a customization done, because if it were to be just one change, (like I was originally thinking) then how could it possibly work differently for each listing type? Most likely a customization will be required, what do you think?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    I think that even with a custom job, your wasting your time as the stats plugin is in general a waste of time, so it wont matter if your dress it up in a party dress and red lipstick, its still rubbish as it stands as any data it produces is useless as its only accurate for 1 minute every 24 hours, but if you want to use it then go ahead.

I think that even with a custom job, your wasting your time as the stats plugin is in general a waste of time, so it wont matter if your dress it up in a party dress and red lipstick, its still rubbish as it stands as any data it produces is useless as its only accurate for 1 minute every 24 hours, but if you want to use it then go ahead.
    Oh, Then I missed your point in a previous message. The content box is no different than the plugin? If that is the case, then I will wait for some fixing on that. It is not too important, but it does have it's purpose by showing stats for a particular listing type, I hope on that note...Flynax developers will make another stats content box / plugin that is much better with more detailed information regarding the listing types / categories.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    https://www.flynax.com/plugins/online-stats.html just to be clear I am talking about online stats ? and if correct your talking about number of listing stats which is different, and if so I apologise and my error / misunderstanding. Just I have never used that option the entire time I have been here as it can be shown to the right of the categories.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 2, 2019 at 08:51 PM.

https://www.flynax.com/plugins/online-stats.html just to be clear I am talking about online stats ? and if correct your talking about number of listing stats which is different, and if so I apologise and my error / misunderstanding. Just I have never used that option the entire time I have been here as it can be shown to the right of the categories.

Pete
    Hello Pete,

I am not sure if the online stats is the same. In any case, I am just piecing together some miscellaneous features for different pages at the moment while I wait for flynax support to come back from vacation.

Btw, do you know when they will be back? I have been pretty busy lately, so I was not able to check the forum / blog posts for a date.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    I did not know they were on holidays, sorry cant help

+ Reply to Thread