+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: textarea increase size > 3000 and add all editor options ?

Guru

textarea increase size > 3000 and add all editor options ?

textarea increase size > 3000 and add all editor options ? how would one do these things please ?

Hello,

You can find it in includes > classes > admin rlFields.class.php > createField() and editField()

Guru
    Thanks Rudi, was there a way to show all editor options available ?

Pete

To extend html editor tools you need to buy ckeditor licence

Guru
    who do I buy that from and where ? please

Can you also explain why we have all editor options in news and faq, but then why we have to pay to have all options in listings ? I am just a little confused ?

thanks Rudi
    Last edited by Pete Young; December 17, 2018 at 12:28 PM.

exactly,

sorry, I confused it with ckfinder

you should go to ftp > libs > javascript > system.lib.js > this.htmlEditor

change:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    to:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

Guru
    ok thank you Rudi will try this tonight, Appreciated Pete

Edit, all suggestions worked thankyou, the max textarea I could wind up to was 9999, so set the new settings at 10K but still better than the 3k thanks.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 1, 2019 at 01:23 AM.

Guru
    Silly question, is there a way to go past the 9999 in-text area? or is there no way past that number. ?

Pete

EDIT: I have just been doing some testing on this and you can add bigger numbers into the back end, so that seems fine.

The problem is in the admin side in the box that lets you set the max chars, this box is only set to 4 numbers meaning that you can only dial up to 9999 and beyond that it won't work.

so we need to be able to set that box to 5 numbers, not 4.

With that how do we edit those restrictions from 4 to 5, please?

in the code I can see what needs to change, I just can't see where that file is?

<span class="field_description">maximum number of characters, default value is 500 (3000 max )</span>
    <input class="numeric" name="textarea[maxlength]" type="text" style="width: 50px; text-align: center;" value="9999" maxlength="4">

EDIT2: sometimes you just jag it. In the admin box, I right-clicked and clicked on inspect to see the code above. I then manually changed that code from a 4 to a 5 in inspect mode, went back to the enter panel for max chars and it let me type 5 numbers so I put 30K as per the settings I added in Rudi's guide above and then I hit save.

Guess what I can now run 30,000 chars in my text area. Bang Bang.

If you want to change "maximum number of characters, default value is 500 (3000 max )" you can do this in languages
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 15, 2021 at 04:42 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Can anyone confirm if this code improvement was added to Flynax 4.8.2.

Hello everybody!
    Here's what I noticed with the editor!
    I put 5000 characters, inserted the same number of characters into the description, the text was cut off, I began to check, and found out that the counter counts tags for characters as well!

But what happens as a result... The user sees that he can add text for 5000 characters, adjusts his description by the number of characters, places a listing, and the text is cut off! The user again edits the listing and again the same, so on and so on...

+ Reply to Thread