+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Install and Have Some Questions

Re: New Install and Have Some Questions

- Regarding "approval" status, you are right we will take it into account and make
    necessary changes in the next version.

- Regarding listing count, we will test it locally and let you know about results.
    Kewl Thx

- Regarding "Make Main" button, each listing on your image has Crop icon and it means that you enabled "User Crop Interface" module, using this option all new pictures are not active unless owner crop them, also owner unable to select main photo as well.
    I turned crop back on, and see it working like you explained. However, the crop feature wasn't even working at the time either, but I narrowed it down to that listing which I already said was messed up. It was my very first test listing that I changed manually to gold and still don't know what messed up. I mentioned it in this thread in case you want to look into it before I delete the listing. It's working fine now, but I question why it happened and will it happen again. But when I tested the cropping feature just now, it had a different issue where it wouldn't accept all crops b/c it said the cropped area was too small yet the crop box wouldn't go bigger. No biggie, I'm just going to turn that feature off, but your testing crew might want to look into at some point. Here's the link of the listing that messed up (pics don't show but are there, etc) that was causing all the problems that I thought were separate issues. http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/brows ... le-l2.html If your not too concerned, then I'll just delete soon.

- Regarding text editor area which is gray for yo now, I need to know your browser and browser version to try reproduce this issue.
    You gave me an idea. I tried it on IE and I am able to edit it. Yay! But don't know why I can't in my normal browser FF. Recently, I've been adding category descriptions and that same edit box is working fine in FF, but welcome box still grayed out. Strange! That edit box is an add-on module to your system, right? Does it have an official mod name? I'm having another tiny issue I would like to see if I can find the answer myself without bugging you guys. It's just when I set HSPACE to 10 it looks great in the edit box, but live in browser, ignores the spacing around my pics. Little, but looks messy and I know it's probably not your issue, but I don't know what this edit box feature is called. For the grayed out area, I'll just edit it in IE for now. Maybe clear history in FF and try too. No biggie now that I have workaround! But it's FF 3.6.3 if you care

- Regarding the listings plans, Featured plan is additional plan type and it appears on "Upgrade Listing" page only, so you can't see your additional featured plans on "add listing" page, if you need Direct Featured plans you should use Direct Featured plan type, such type plans appears on "add listing" page.
    Got it now! Sorry for the some of the normal use questions, but I don't find some of the answers in the manual. I'll be a pro before you know

>>Another thing, where do you set the max upload size for images?
    You should increase the following php option (do it through .htaccess or php.ini files):
    - post_max_size = 128MB
    - upload_max_filesize = 8MB
    - memory_size_limit = 128MB
    Ok, I added that file since it didn't already exist. However, it wasn't having the lockup issues today so time will tell if the increase values are needed. Thx

2) Still have the email link problem after editing my code. See my file I attached.
    All issues in this thread has workarounds now except this one. When this one is done, I'll close this long thread and start a new one if needed.

Thanks a bunch John!

The last two issues in this thread are still issues. I added the image size code to my php.ini file, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. My site is just ignoring some of my pics. It starts to upload and then nothing happens. The sizes are all under 2mb and my php.ini file is set to the max my host allows of 10mb. It acts like it's loading but nothing happens. Come to think about it, that's how my first listing got messed up. Those are some of the same pics. If you remember, I said there are pics showing on home page but if you look at that actual listing, the listing shows no pictures. Front page shows the listing with pictures. I tried to upload the same size pic to your demo site, but your site doesn't even attempt to upload it?!? Maybe because you don't let people upload pics?!? I was going to attach one of the pics, but your site barely allows much to be uploaded at 256kib. Can you upload a 2mb file to my site?

And, the link in my email for ads is still an issue.

Thanks!

I confirmed today with my host that my php.ini is in the correct spot and set up correctly and they said it's a script error. We even found the same size files were being uploaded for the thumbnail image. So it's just not uploading these sizes for the listing images. Just wanted to add that. :roll:

I figured out the picture problem tonight. If the width of the pic is too wide even if the total mb size is low, it just doesn't upload the pic and never says why. So if there is a max width & height for the upload feature, how come there is no error msg posting so users aren't confused and know how to correct the pic? Thx

Hello Christina,
    Could you collect and list the current problems of the posts above, be shortly please
    Thanks

I understand John...confusing! I'm just going to stop adding to this thread. I'll take any outstanding issues and make separate thread.

Pic Upload Problem: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102
    Email Ad Link Problem: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103

I think those are the only two issues left.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread